7800GS cooling ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7800GS cooling ?

I couldn't resist so yeah I invested more into AGP. I poped for the GS and my question is will the NV5R3 cooling kit on my 6800gt fit the 7800GS. New egg states that the kit fits both 6800 and 7800 but the GS is NOT listed. Any help before a do surgery on a new card. The fan and heat sink look pretty weak on the 7800GS. They have got to go cause I'm a overclocking fool!ARCTIC COOLING AVC-NV5R3 NV Silencer Rev.3 - Retail at Newegg.com

1hr no help yet?

Little help here please!

Re: 7800GS cooling ?

it should probably fit. they design the cards (IE, GPU, RAM) in teh same place for the series, so you CAN get aftermarkter cooling for new cards. but I would check somewhere else to be sure.

Comment

no it wont fit. Your 6800gt is a native AGP chip whereas the 7800gs is native PCI Express and uses a bridge chip. Here is a pic of what the 7800gs looks like with the cooler off.

I think you are pretty screwed as far as aftermarket cooling options go, atleast with the nv5 for sure. The GPU is in a totally different position.

Comment

a lot of the 7800GS cards I see are overclocked from the factory... you going for more huh? i salute you!

Comment

Originally posted by catskill
          a lot of the 7800GS cards I see are overclocked from the factory... you going for more huh? i salute you!
          This card is a major improvement over the 6800GT. Its clocked @500/1.46. The 6800GT never came close to that. Also the temps are 44-45C with some load. I don't think its going to need better cooling. My 3DMark05 score went up 500pts.

Comment

Working...
          X