spotting trouble?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spotting trouble?

I have noticed lately that when I try and spot a tank or apc (any vehicle) it just shows up as a person or question mark. It can be right in front of me and still do the same thing. After I spot it a few times it usually works. Has anyone else seen anything like this?

Re: spotting trouble?

happens all the time, its annoying for everyone to have to spam enemy spotted 4 times just to spot a tank or something!

Comment

It started after the 1.2 patch, spotting a tank is sometimes impossible when it's right in front of you.

Comment

Yeah it happens to me too. Say the tank is behind a tree at a distance, I can only spot it when it moves away from the tree. It seems you need a clear view to spot it but I've also been in your situation as well.

Comment

i only have this problem when i'm commander, mostly its choppers, but it can be so annoying

Comment

Ok I thought it was just me. Hate having to spam "enemy spotted" when its a tank or something and my team really needs to know its coming. I know it got a couple killed on my team when they thought it was just a soldier.

Oh and has it been reported or on a list of fixes to be made?

Comment

I've noticed the same thing. It only seems to recognize the vehicle once the enemy drivers name appears above it.

The alternative is to press "Q" then right click the mouse for a list of enemy units/vehicles.

Comment

i noticed it happens like if there is one of those see-through chain-link type fences...you cannot spot through them even though you can clearly see through them...(retarded)

also, i notice they cockblock my spot for no reason at all..

Comment

Originally posted by Enz0
                  Yeah it happens to me too. Say the tank is behind a tree at a distance, I can only spot it when it moves away from the tree. It seems you need a clear view to spot it but I've also been in your situation as well.
                  Enz0 is correct. You need an absolute clear view (free from obstruction) in order for it to register correctly. This gets increasingly difficult with network lag while in zoomed mode.

It sucks when you get a question because it causes my teammates to look away towards a phantom and waste time.

Comment

Originally posted by saurus
                    I have noticed lately that when I try and spot a tank or apc (any vehicle) it just shows up as a person or question mark. It can be right in front of me and still do the same thing. After I spot it a few times it usually works. Has anyone else seen anything like this?
                    Happens all the time, never happened before this patch. IT sucks, I always die trying to spot tanks/apc now. You have to really let the name of the person your spotting show up for it to work correctly.

Comment

I saw an aircraft spotted on karkand the other day.

I wonder how many noobs went looking for the AA site LOL

Comment

I hear ya, very annoying, i generally wait untill i have a clear view now, you cant even spot anything correctly behind a see through mesh fence even though you can shoot it!

Comment

happens all the time as commander, usually with choppers, buggys and jeeps

Comment

Working...
                          X