quit game sound, and some.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quit game sound, and some.

Whenever i quit the game i get a dong sound somethimes 2. Also it takes forever to shutdown the game too, i can be at my desktop with the music still playing. This is the only game i own that does this, HL2 just quits and bam im ready to do something else.

Does anyone get this too, and is there anyway to fix this?

Re: quit game sound, and some.

I never leave a game through the menu takes to long like you describe.

Simply open up the console by hitting "~" and type exit or quit and it ends almost instantly

Comment

Originally posted by exho
      Simply open up the console by hitting "~" and type exit or quit and it ends almost instantly
      Interesting! I wonder what it does differently.

I do know that when I upgraded from 1 GB to 2 GB, the exit process went from what the OP describes to instant. I just figured that with the extra RAM, less VM was being used, and thus a lot less paging out the memory upon exit. Given your tip, though, I wonder why a "[Console]->exit" would bypass that.

Comment

I hit ~ but i get nothing

O well i did the exit thing, its a bit faster but still takes a while. grrrr

Stuped BF2

Comment

I have same problem, when ever i exit bf2 i go make a cup of tea cause my pc is unuseable for the next 5 mins

Comment

Get more RAM when i have 512 man BF2 takes to shut down 3 min and yes sound plays in that time. with 1GB like 20sec.

Comment

i have 1GB at this time, not sure if i can upgrade, giving this is a laptop.

Comment

rofl yea

Comment

I get the two beeps but my computer dosen't freeze when I close the game. It takes 2 seconds to close, still get the beeps though. Not sure why...

Comment

Moved to support.

Comment

Working...
                    X