Still Cannot Play Euro Force

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still Cannot Play Euro Force

I have uninstalled and reinstalled BF2 about 4 times. Submitted 3 questions to the support pages at EA with no response. I have installed the 1.21 update. I download the EA downloader about dozen times. I have downloaded the Euro Force booster successfully (I even managed to install it a couple of times). I have yet to be able to get the game to work. The first time I installed it, when I got to the maps, it says I need to purchase the game (yet the map names aren't red). I tried to change my GameSpy Nickname (or would that be my EA Nickname or was it my BF2 Player Name?) twice. Still no luck. My last attempt went as follows: I removed EVERYTHING. I then installed BF2. I installed the EA Downloader. I downloaded and installed the 1.21 update (Which incidentally reads 1.273...such and such). I was able to successfully play the game. I downloaded the Euro Force booster. I changed my GameSpy Nickname to my BF2 player name. I tried to install Euro Force and I get Error 32791:6 Unable to authorize decryption...etc. I have now wasted 3 evenings trying to get this to work. All this for a $10 booster? Come on EA, get with the program. You have a great game. BF2 is awsome, I'm highly addicted to it. I shelled out $50 for this game. Now you risk losing your fan base over a $10 booster. I think we deserve better than this.

Re: Still Cannot Play Euro Force

You have to either change or create gamespy ID to whatever ID you log on with BF2. Make both ID's match. Then you can play no problem

Comment

Originally posted by sgtdeath70
      You have to either change or create gamespy ID to whatever ID you log on with BF2. Make both ID's match. Then you can play no problem

God that is gay.

Edit: No dice on that one.

Comment

Actually I tried that. And it still didn't work. Now I get Error 3279:6 which the EA Tech Support webpage claims is a security feature and I have to wait at least 48 hours for the server to reset!!! This is truly ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by AFPJ_BoooYaaa
          I have uninstalled and reinstalled BF2 about 4 times[...] Now you risk losing your fan base over a $10 booster. I think we deserve better than this.
          I have all the same problem!! Reinstalled whole thing about 4-5 times and changed GS ID. It doesn't help! Let's say it out loud and go to Canada to get our 10$/10 EURO back:

ELECTRONIC ARTS SCREWED UP THIS ADD!

Comment

Originally posted by spetznaz_mav
            I have all the same problem!! Reinstalled whole thing about 4-5 times and changed GS ID. It doesn't help! Let's say it out loud and go to Canada to get our 10$/10 EURO back:

ELECTRONIC ARTS SCREWED UP THIS ADD!
            hey i live in canada, and we dont want you eurotrash-eating stinkbags over here. just keep sending those shiny euroes.

i would laugh at you as well, but whenever i do that the same problem happens to me, so i wont.

Comment

This fix is what allowed me to play.

EA community forums for players to get player-to-player support, ask questions, share their game and troubleshooting experience.

This fix is what allowed me to play.

EA community forums for players to get player-to-player support, ask questions, share their game and troubleshooting experience.

Comment

YAY! Looks like I have solved the problem!
                Take a look here.

Comment

Hmmm..

So,
                  your solution was to correctly enter the BF2 name?

Like many people told you to do, many times?
                  Like you said you did?

Now you tell us all how to fix the problem with the solution everybody told you to begin with?

Weird.

Kapyong

Comment

Originally posted by Kapyong
                    your solution was to correctly enter the BF2 name?
                    Kapyong
                    No. Putting correct BF2 name straight on didn't help, becouse GameSpy was going loco. I had to alter the GameSpy nick first by entering the GameSpy ID site (GameSpy client messes it up even more) and generating the unique nickname and then changing it to correct BF2 name with EAD.

Don't ask me why straight change of GS nick and editing of Profiles.con didn't work. My way worked, that's all. Some people just need to put in the BF2 name in GameSpy, but it doesnt help to some other's people's EF.

Comment

Working...
                    X