Store or EA downloader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Store or EA downloader?

Hey all. I plan on purchasing Special Forces and i was wondering if i should use the ead or purchase the game from a locla store. I know using the ead would be easier, but ive read about how people are encountering problems with it. Thanks

Re: Store or EA downloader?

I got my SF from the store thank you. (Best buy etc)

With Euro there was only the downloader with the associated issues.

The ten dollars I spent on Euro is probably the amount I would have burned on gasoline to get to the store if there was a retail availible... chew on that LOL.

Comment

Speaking as a guy who bought both Special forces AND EURO online, i have had a lot of trouble with the downloader. Sometimes it works flawlessly, sometimes NOT. random errors about freeing ports, bad encryption.

Thats not to say when it works it isnt cool, I mena it downloads SF at a LIGHTNIGHT pace (on broadband). If I could do it again, I would probably just buy the disks, I love the idea of online game purchases,I was one of the only advocates of STEAM for that reason. But this EA Downloader isnt the best way to get this game, its just annoying... besides... its it more fun to have a TANGIBLE thing? Thats my 2 cents...

-Straylight

Comment

Originally posted by fighterpilotx
        Hey all. I plan on purchasing Special Forces and i was wondering if i should use the ead or purchase the game from a locla store. I know using the ead would be easier, but ive read about how people are encountering problems with it. Thanks
        Why in teh hell would you want to spend 30 dollars and download the game, when you can go to any local store and buy the same game with box, manual and all the good stuff for the same price and even less at some stores.
        Thats a no brainer.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47-Warlord
          Why in teh hell would you want to spend 30 dollars and download the game, when you can go to any local store and buy the same game with box, manual and all the good stuff for the same price and even less at some stores.
          Thats a no brainer.
          what he said

having a physical game is much better, at times

Comment

Working...
          X