Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saitek x52 anyone?

Hello all,

Im a demon with the chopper with a mouse but time has come for a joystick, I have ordered my x52 from Saitek, was wondering if anyone has any "Known Issues" with this and BF2, ive done a search and cant seem to find any so so far so good.

Just trying to get a heads up

Re: Saitek x52 anyone?

I would LOVE to buy that

Comment

I recommend going into game controller properties and increasing the sensitivity of the x,y, and z axis.

Click on the "deadzone" tab and move the outer sliders inwards to narrow the response curve. Not the center slider which creates a dead zone, the outer sliders near the corners.

With the default settings the controls felt too lazy imo(in bf2).

Good luck with your new stick.

p.s.

There is a x52 section in the saitek forums. To see it you have to register and log in. I found the above tweak there.

Comment

i am running the x52 as my joystick and my input is...don't plan on flying the helo with it...i don't know if all joysticks are like this, but the throttle responses in this game are so slow it makes it much more difficult than just using a keyboard and a mouse...i found myself overcorrecting with both directional and throttle inputs and either crashing or not being able to do exactly what i want to do, i just didn't have the same precise control that i do with the keyboard and a mouse...but this is my experience, my skills in a helo i would say are well above the average, by no means near the best, but i can do pretty much whatever i want to do when i want to do it...

on the other hand, i wouldn't want to fly a jet with any other joystick, it works like an absolute dream...the throttle inputs are still slow, but much more managable in a jet...

i was actually curious about that myself...having not played with any other joystick, is the throttle control slow for all joysticks in bf2? and by slow, i mean, you make the change and it's not an instantaneous change...

Comment

Using a joystick throttle for BF2 helos takes getting used to...I know I had a hard time getting used to it at first and I even tried keeping one hand on my n52 and using IT for throttle instead...

...but now that I am using my joystick's throttle 100% of the time, I get nothing but compliments about my flying.

Comment

If you so good with a mouse just get a better mouse like a logitech G5 or MX518. Trust me if your get a joystick you will probably go back to mouse since it will take along time to get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by xZeler8
              i am running the x52 as my joystick and my input is...don't plan on flying the helo with it...i don't know if all joysticks are like this, but the throttle responses in this game are so slow it makes it much more difficult than just using a keyboard and a mouse...i found myself overcorrecting with both directional and throttle inputs and either crashing or not being able to do exactly what i want to do, i just didn't have the same precise control that i do with the keyboard and a mouse...but this is my experience, my skills in a helo i would say are well above the average, by no means near the best, but i can do pretty much whatever i want to do when i want to do it...

on the other hand, i wouldn't want to fly a jet with any other joystick, it works like an absolute dream...the throttle inputs are still slow, but much more managable in a jet...

i was actually curious about that myself...having not played with any other joystick, is the throttle control slow for all joysticks in bf2? and by slow, i mean, you make the change and it's not an instantaneous change...
              Game controllers/properties/deadzone/throttle - move the outer slider inwards to narrow the response curve. If that doesnt fix it it's a bf2 thing.

Good Luck

Comment

X52 is a great stick ive got it myself.

One thing to keep in midt (its the same with all joysticks) dont use the profiler for BF2 instead configue your controls useing the ingame configuration menu.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Eden
                  X52 is a great stick ive got it myself.

One thing to keep in midt (its the same with all joysticks) dont use the profiler for BF2 instead configue your controls useing the ingame configuration menu.

I don't know, if you use the Programer thing that comes with it, you can set up a lot more options. If you don't some of the keys between the stick and throttle overlap. That's why I used the Programmer. If you have all the keys you need ingame then cool.

I find myself only using the x52 for jets. For some reason I can't fly choppers with the stick. I think the throttle is awesome, gives you a lot of control. But each to their own.

x52 > all other sticks (except CH maybe)

Comment

hey guys thanks for the tips!

Must say I only chopper with the mouse, im too used to being good with a mouse it feels unnatural going back to a noob with the stick, but boy how much fun in a jet!

Ive really been fighting it to keep up with some people on there and the stick does feel a little lazy so ill check out your tips thanks!

Comment

I use the x45, preferring the rocker rudder(on the throttle) to the twist rudder(on the joystick). Just a matter of personal preference.

The x52 certainly looks snazzier.

Comment

Fyi the x52 doesnt have the tendency to introduce unwanted rudder inputs that many twist sticks have.

I got used to the x52's twist rudder, but the x45's rocker rudder was more natural imo.

Button placement on the x45 stick was better too, imo.

I use CH usb pro pedals which also felt unnatural at first.

I just wish BF2 had full support for TrackIR. I use my TIR in BF2, but you have to hold down the mouselook button and thereby lose flight control while looking around.

Originally posted by DarkPace
                        and the stick does feel a little lazy so ill check out your tips thanks!
                        Regarding sensitivity, I cranked mine up drasticaly. I moved the sliders inwards 2.9 notches for x,y and rudder.

Comment

Does anyone have the mouse controller on the throttle working in BF2? It works for me outside the game but does nothing in BF2. The mouse button doesn't work either. I'd like to be able to use it for mouselook so I don't have to take my hand off the stick.

Comment

There is a profile posted at Saitek's forum which allows you to do so.

You will have to register there or the x52 forum wont be visible.

Everything you need for your virtual cockpit, Sapce Ship, or Farm Tractor, from the latest X-56 flight simulator systems ,flight yokes to wheel and pedals sets for farm simulator. Saitek sim controllers bring you closer to reality.

Comment

Selling brand new x52 box and everything, used one night, not my thing $75.00

Comment

Working...
                              X