Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just put in fans, now my pc is running extra hot...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just put in fans, now my pc is running extra hot...

I baught one pci- slot fan, and a 120mm fan with led strip on it. and well now my card is getting up to 70C. Is there something i should do?

Re: Just put in fans, now my pc is running extra hot...

Well...make sure you have enough fans sucking in cool air in the front, and blowing warm air out of the back.

If all of your fans are either all sucking in or all blowing out, you could have a FLOW issue. Air has to FLOW

It doesn't matter if you have a million fans if you have them positioned in such as way as to simply blow warm air around inside the case. That can actually HEAT things up.

Comment

Sounds like you installed them incorrectly (backwards). LOL!
      pci slot fans are garbage, I had one on my old computer and it NEVER made any difference in temperatures, the only thing it did was use more of my PSU.

Comment

You dont really need fans for air intake. There are enough holes and cracks in you average case to allow exhaust fans to create negative pressure in the case thus drawing cool air from outside of the case.
        Make sure your 120mm fan is exhausting (blowing out) of the case. And install your pci slot fan directly below your vid card to draw hot air away from the heat sink. I have a pic and at the bottom you can see my slot fan under the video card. ALso in the top is 2 80mm exhaust fans. I find this setup very good at keeping cool.

Comment

The 120mm cant realy go the other way due to the way it is made.. and i have one 80mm fan in the side window, and one on the top, and a 120mm fan in the back along with my pci slot fan. How do i reverse them?

Comment

To reverse them just turn them around. You will see a little arrow on the outside frame of the fan showing air flow direction. You should be able to mount your 120 either way. I dont understand how the 120 "cant go the other way"

Comment

Ill show you, it is http://xoxide.com/120mm-cold-cathode-fan-uvblue1.html

Comment

Working...
              X