Special Forces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Forces

Hey all. I just wanted to know if you guys think that SF is worth it. Does it have many problems? How about the gameplay?

Re: Special Forces

Originally posted by fighterpilotx
    Hey all. I just wanted to know if you guys think that SF is worth it. Does it have many problems? How about the gameplay?

LOL are you kidding? you have to be kidding.

and yes.. its great.

Comment

you should definatly get it, you get a buttload of unlocks and new guns, but the actual game sucks (in my opinion)

Comment

Great. Worth the money just for the unlocks

Comment

Im going to get it today mainly for the weapon though.

Comment

The many, many vehicles totally changes the "feel" of distance on all maps. It is fun to hop on an ATV and move on a CP all the way across the map in a matter of seconds. There are also cars and pickups with .50 cal. MGs lying around everywhere to get you where you're going in a hurry. The feeling of speed is right, too (but watch out where you're going in delicate vehicles). There was a bug that wouldn't let you switch on/off night vision (leading your screen to white out and you to crash) early on, but I think that's been fixed.

All in all, SF maps are more fun than vanilla maps because there is more to do, no airplanes always dropping bombs, and it's more of a fast-paced style of play.

Comment

Yeah I love it though I dislike the night maps. The damn nightvision annoys me like mad.

Comment

I only got it so i could unlock the awesome new weapons in vanilla bf2. Other than that, SF is pretty crappy and i never play it. Boring maps. No interesting new vehiceles (ATVs are cool though). Laggy as hell, even if you have an uber high end system.

Warlord is the best SF map and similar to karkand.

Comment

since I have SF, I play 90% of the time SF instead of vanilla BF2

Comment

SF is really great, way better than vanilla BF. No pointless empty spaces, no jets raping everyone in sight, lots of AA, lots of spots to hide, and the night maps are just awesome.

The only problem this add on has, is the slower frame rate.

Comment

Love it and it plays well IMO. Ghost Town and Warlord are the best maps in BF. They are even better than Karkand

Comment

well post your pc specs and ill tell you if your performance is good enough because i only have 512MB ran(i no it sucks) and an RADEON X300 and on bf2 i run some things on medium most on low but in sf it usually lags

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTyphoon
                          Laggy as hell, even if you have an uber high end system.
                          Well I must say that you are full of **** son, runs flawlessly here ... the problem is your e-machines "PC".

1280x1024 everything on high, 2xaa .. never drops below 40 in very very heavy fights, so please, stop bull****ing people and spreading false information, just cause it runs like **** on your PC doesnt mean it will run like **** on someone elses PC.

Comment

Working...
                          X