Idea for Eurofighter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea for Eurofighter

After playing Euroforce maps and specifically the Eurofighter (which handles very different from other aircraft if you dont know yet), I think the Eurofighter( or all fighters even) should get at least 1 precision guided (laser/infrared) Air to ground missile controlled by the pilot(hence used for fighter jets). This would probably need an additional HUD.

If you have flown it, you know it is tougher to hit targets on the ground than any other jet. After some practice, I was able to just about "master" it, but I still think this would be a good idea. With the AA emplacements being nearly invulnerable to all but the bombs and with each team getting at least 2 linebackers (which spawn literally 10 seconds after they have been destroyed) on the Euroforce maps, and flares sometimes working and sometimes not, this would only be fair

In the end you would have 1 laser missile and still have 1 dumb bomb for ground targets.

Re: Idea for Eurofighter

It was going to have air to ground missiles

Euro Fighter
    The fast and maneuverable single-seat, twin-engine aircraft is known for its versatility and is used in air-to-air, air-to-ground, and tactical reconnaissance roles, made possible by its stealth technology. The Typhoon has an internally mounted 27mm gun. It also has four beyond-visual-range air-to-air missiles and two short-range air-to-air missiles. For air-to-surface missions, the Typhoon carries anti-armor weapons—three under each wing and one under the center fuselage—as well as laser-guided weapons.

Comment

By the time you've acquired the target, painted it with the laser, fired the missile and kept the missile lock until detonation, you'd probably be toast.
      Why not go the whole way and just have one low yield tactical nuke? The whines would be priceless.

Comment

They need to correct the Eurofighter's flight first. Try flying it straight and flat horizontal; you notice that it flies to the right? Don't know how that got past their testing.

As for the laser bombs, it'd be horribly overpowered and unbalanced then. I say just move where the bombs are located under the wing to the centre of the fuselage, like the Mig-29.

Comment

i dont notice this pulling to the right people keep talking about

Comment

it does happen
            i noticed it the first time i got in the plane
            the cannon on the plane is useless
            BUT, it has the best turn radius of all, and that makes it the best dogfighter.
            keep the bomb design - a little variety cant hurt.
            I like the typhoon, just fix the stability a little and the pulling to the right problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Britishbornazn
              it does happen
              i noticed it the first time i got in the plane
              the cannon on the plane is useless
              BUT, it has the best turn radius of all, and that makes it the best dogfighter.
              keep the bomb design - a little variety cant hurt.
              I like the typhoon, just fix the stability a little and the pulling to the right problem.
              So they arn't using the RAF version of it then? Its got a gun but dosnt actually work!!!!
              Some genius accountant decided that they could save a few pence on ammo so they scrapped it from our version. Then it was discovered that without one it fecked up the aerodynamics and funnily enough found the best ballost to fit in was.......... the original gun!! However to attempt to save some face from their original desicion it has been disabled!!!
              Gotta love the logic they wasted millions faffing about with the whole gun issue in order to attempt to save a fraction of it!! :laugh:

Sorry got a bit off topic here but thought it would amuse some people

Comment

Originally posted by colony
                Yeah it does this for me, leave the stick go and pulls down and to the right, only a little but enough.

Comment

It's there, I just tested it. There is a slight rudder steer to the right.

Comment

I've tried this multiple times and i don't get it at all, let go of the joystick and it continues to fly in the same direction.

Comment

i noticed that it flys to the right as well. But the bomb placement is also spread out on the wings. Does that really affect how the bombs hit the target or is it just a graphic thing?

Comment

the fighters are already to powerfull and you want to make them even more powerfull??? You have got to be a planewhore :P

Comment

After playing Euroforce maps and specifically the Eurofighter (which handles very different from other aircraft if you dont know yet), I think the Eurofighter( or all fighters even) should get at least 1 precision guided (laser/infrared) Air to ground missile controlled by the pilot(hence used for fighter jets). This would probably need an additional HUD.

If you have flown it, you know it is tougher to hit targets on the ground than any other jet. After some practice, I was able to just about "master" it, but I still think this would be a good idea. With the AA emplacements being nearly invulnerable to all but the bombs and with each team getting at least 2 linebackers (which spawn literally 10 seconds after they have been destroyed) on the Euroforce maps, and flares sometimes working and sometimes not, this would only be fair

In the end you would have 1 laser missile and still have 1 dumb bomb for ground targets.
                          I actually found the Eurofighter's bombs the easiet to hit with - they drop so nicely.
                          Jets are strong enough, no need to give them more advantages. And I like having to improve your skills in order to become better.

Comment

Originally posted by cemmyz
                            So they arn't using the RAF version of it then? Its got a gun but dosnt actually work!!!!
                            Some genius accountant decided that they could save a few pence on ammo so they scrapped it from our version. Then it was discovered that without one it fecked up the aerodynamics and funnily enough found the best ballost to fit in was.......... the original gun!! However to attempt to save some face from their original desicion it has been disabled!!!
                            Gotta love the logic they wasted millions faffing about with the whole gun issue in order to attempt to save a fraction of it!! :laugh:

Sorry got a bit off topic here but thought it would amuse some people
                            OMG I didnt know that. What a f*cked up MOD we have. I can't believe that they havent learnt from the US mistakes in Vietnam who also took guns of of their fighters and where then outgunned by the Migs so they had replace the guns and learn dog fighting all over again. That was one of the reasons that the TopGun School was started.

Mind you, we are under the rule of the same pri*ks that cancelled the TSR 2.

Comment

Working...
                            X