Euro planes feel much different.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euro planes feel much different.

I spent about an hour the other night flying and when I got into the Euro planes they felt very different. Can someone break down the differences in these planes? I don't know the technical terms for the steering but it seems like I wasn't able to get the same turn when I bank and twist for yaw control. What are the advantages of the Euro planes? Thanks.

Re: Euro planes feel much different.

The euro jet does feel horrible.

Infact all new vehicles suck apart from the chopper.

Comment

I had a proper go of the Euro Fighter today, worst plane I've ever flown. It's doesn't flow smoothly, nearly had several accidents!

Comment

The eurofighter handles unlike any other aircraft in the game. Precise bombing of targets is harder but very doable and I now find myself getting 20-0 to 30-0 rounds in it after some practice. Its gun is not as accurate as the other jets in the game, and you cant seem to destroy any AA emplacements in the Euro maps with it's cannon. I guess the good part about the gun is it has 600 rounds.

It turns tighter than probably any plane in the game (not sure about J10) but the drawback(or maybe a + depending how you like it) is its speed and roll capability.

But if you know what you are doing, you should be able to control the skies and shoot down Migs and Su34s all day long.

Just remember, "Nothing comes close"

Originally posted by Daz
        The euro jet does feel horrible.

Infact all new vehicles suck apart from the chopper.
        wrong. The Typhoon owns the Mig and Su34. You just dont know how to use it.

Originally posted by Spuddy
        I had a proper go of the Euro Fighter today, worst plane I've ever flown. It's doesn't flow smoothly, nearly had several accidents!
        WRONG again. You just cant control it. Its too much "man" for you :laugh:

Comment

It may control realistically but if you want to twist and go against the wind it takes alot of effort and goes very slow. It should really handle like the J-10.

Comment

nah I like the way it handles different than the other jets, it makes it unique. Sure it should be faster, but for balance sake to at least give the Migs a chance they slowed it down.

I know what you mean by the wind resistance feeling, but that hardly makes the Eurofighter's job any harder which is to dominate the skies.

Comment

I don't have a problem with giving the jet a different "feel", I think it makes the game more interesting and challenges pilots. I haven't had enough playing time to figure it out. Just looking for tips.

Comment

I think the EF2000 is dumbed down. It felt like a wet sponge, sloppy and slow in turning. It is a good 2 bomb bomber. It is about all it can do.

Too bad, as the real EF2000 was designed to out turn in several different flight regimes the best of the warsaw pact in real life.

Comment

ya the eurofighter sucks. the moment u stop pulling up or down, it goes in the oppisite directing for a second. its hard to explain if u havent flown it, but it is all jerking around. u have to pull way up to take off, or else youll crash i hate the eurofighter

anyoine else noticed this?

Comment

With my airplane sensitivity on 7, roll and pitch sliders all the way up to 10 the Eurofighter handles worse than the Frogfoot. It's a useless POS for a plane that gets you killed every time you go up against a Mig-29.

Kinda ****ed me off... I was looking forward to a cool new jet.

Comment

I was looking forward to a cool new jet.
                      I guess we will have to look forward to Armored Fury's A-10.

Comment

no, you know EA they will screw us and make the A-10 horriable

Comment

Originally posted by colony
                          nah I like the way it handles different than the other jets, it makes it unique. Sure it should be faster, but for balance sake to at least give the Migs a chance they slowed it down.
                          Agreed. A good pilot in a Eurofighter totally dominates the Mig in a turn fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy552(AWG)
                            I think the EF2000 is dumbed down. It felt like a wet sponge, sloppy and slow in turning. It is a good 2 bomb bomber. It is about all it can do.

Too bad, as the real EF2000 was designed to out turn in several different flight regimes the best of the warsaw pact in real life.
                            Are we playing the same game? Eurofighter out turns a Mig everytime. It is slower, but it can get good locks on Migs and therefore better hit rates with missiles

Originally posted by Sovetskeey
                            With my airplane sensitivity on 7, roll and pitch sliders all the way up to 10 the Eurofighter handles worse than the Frogfoot. It's a useless POS for a plane that gets you killed every time you go up against a Mig-29.

Kinda ****ed me off... I was looking forward to a cool new jet.
                            Sorry to break it to ya, but if you are constantly being killed by Migs while in the Eurofighter, you are just not good or dont know how to turn.

Comment

The best thing that I have notcied is the jet-2-jet missles have been fixed! YOU CAN DOGFIGHT! - either that or, the pilots were horrible lol - seriously, you are able to get away from the missles easier now, and it's more challenging to take out an enemy in the skies.

Eurofighter, does feel a bit strange, it feels slow, I need to get used to the bombs still, they are plasced on the edges on their wings, after some practice you'll get the idea of how to use them.

Comment

Working...
                              X