Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Euro Forces is 2/3 Armored Fury, what will Armored Fury be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Euro Forces is 2/3 Armored Fury, what will Armored Fury be?

Most agree that 2 of the 3 EF maps are really what AF promised to be - vast, open spaces with lots of opportunities for tank battles and ground/air interaction. Most of the new content - the 2 tanks and 2 aircraft - are also AF themed.

It makes me wonder, though - what is Armored Fury going to be? Should we expect 3 more maps just like TQ and OSS, where there's not a single flag that isn't cappable by tanks? Where there's no place to hide from artillery or aircraft? Where, if you're not playing AT, Spec Ops, or Engineer you may as well not play at all?

I'm just curious here, because I'm one of the people who is pretty disappointed with EF, and I can't figure out why there's such a huge disconnect between my expectations and what they actually delivered.

Theories? Ideas? Did they discover that the real EF maps sucked and swapped in two AF maps that were closer to completion? Did they just not take community data (like the popularity of Karkand and Sharqi) seriously when planning? Why not try and strike up a middle ground?

I have more to say, but I'll open this up and see what others think first.

Re: If Euro Forces is 2/3 Armored Fury, what will Armored Fury be?

armored fury

- 32 player map
    - 32 tanks
    - 24 jets
    - 20 mobile AA sites
    - 20 choppers
    - riding from one flag to another flag with tank takes 15 min

Comment

What I think it might be, if not, it should be.

As they have said its set in the US, It wouldnt be right if any other army or special forces unit were defending and most of which we have already got on other maps.

Seeing as they are including scout choppers, there definately could be either Delta force or rangers included as the new army. And as they try to keep the balance, if they include a new vehicle class, there cant be just that one chopper. And it would be impossible to include scout choppers without including the best one of all the OH-6 loach / littlebird.

It would be all I would ever play, Black hawk down styled, extremely fast incursion with 6 guys in a littlebird 2 on each sidepanel. Some really good looking skins for the new army. It could easily be the best part of the entire game.

4 new jets 1 new chopper and probably the littlebird too. they may be holding pics back so they dont spoil it.

Comment

I agree with a lot of what you are saying. For my money, you can't beat a good city map. (props, the "Great Wall" map is da bomb) But nothing ruins a game for me like a swarm of armor busting up the place as if being on foot is totally worthless.

It's not that I think it's unfair or anything like that. It's just not as fun. I do think all of the maps are well designed, however. Just wish there were more "city" maps in the queue.

Comment

Working...
        X