Big Performance Drop in EF???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Performance Drop in EF???

I was just wondering if anyone else noticed a big performance drop in euro forces? On just regular bf2 on any size map I can sport all high settings just fine.
    I downloaded EF expecting the same, for some reason I lag like there is no tommorrow. I dont understand why but its horrible, on every map on EF I lag really really bad. I noticed to that in the speical forces upgrade performance went down just a little bit but nothing to where it was noticable. But in EF its completly horrible! I cant kill a damn think with this choppy bs. I tryed defragging I tryed everything and its still horrible. The really wierd thing is, is when I play in regular bf2 everything is fine. So im wondering what the hell is going on...

Oh by the way, does anyone know the command to see your fps? And also, how do you find out the current verson your playing under? Thanks.

Re: Big Performance Drop in EF???

i've only played on a couple maps but i noticed a lot of lag. i'm not sure if it was the server itself though.

Comment

Oh by the way, does anyone know the command to see your fps? And also, how do you find out the current verson your playing under? Thanks
      to see your fps its renderer.drawfps 1

Comment

Originally posted by Folgrin
        And also, how do you find out the current verson your playing under? Thanks.
        A quick search of the forums came up with a list of patch versions here. I also posted the info a few days ago here.

To know what version you are running, just login to your player account and then look at the top right of the screen for your version number. If you installed patch 1.21, you should have 1.1.2716-548.0 in the top right corner.

Comment

I am running everything on high with 6x AA and I get 80 to 100 fps in Vanilla and EF. I didnt notice any preformance issues at all.

Comment

I noticed no performance issue with EF either.

Comment

I too suffer from this visual lag. I wonder if you're running a middle of the road graphics cards like I am (9800 pro 128mb), since the one guy said he saw no difference,a nd is obviously running a smoking card.

Although I have yet to play EF online, when I popped into a single player game, and the lag made it unplayable. I'm curious if it will be any better online, since my cpu won't have to bother with AI. I hpoe it's better online, because I'd be ****ed if I have to drop my graphics settings for three maps.

Comment

I am running everything on high with 6x AA and I get 80 to 100 fps in Vanilla and EF. I didnt notice any preformance issues at all.
                I too suffer from this visual lag. I wonder if you're running a middle of the road graphics cards like I am (9800 pro 128mb), since the one guy said he saw no difference,a nd is obviously running a smoking card.
                Exactly, I have a 9800 pro 128m and im noticing alot of lag and low fps too....

Comment

Wow, I just took it for a test run online...Smoke Screen was fairly playable, with some slight drops every now and then. The Great Wall, however, was 100% unplayable. This is a little bit unpleasing, since I just payed ten bucks for three new maps and the need to lower my settings across the board? Lame.

Comment

No lag here. Special Forces lags like h3ll for me though. Now, there's a ton of network lag on some servers...that's just life. I played a server last night and the enemies were skating around like Gumby and warping 5 feet at a time.

My stats for comparison:
                    AMD64 3200
                    2gb Corsair
                    Gigabyte 3Dv1 6600-Dual-SLI-On-A-Card, each chip gets 128mb vram
                    Seagate 80gb Sata/Raid0

Comment

i have been noticing alot of lag too

Comment

Greetings all,

Yes, I use FRAPS to check my FPS.
                        I have a 128M card (6600GT.)

Usually, on BF2 I run at low-medium settings (individually tweaked) and get 40 FPS or so - quite OK for me.

But,
                        using EF I see periods of 20 seconds or so when I get only 6-7 FPS (unplayable) - typically this occurs when I move towards where the action is (i.e. more textures are loaded.)

So,
                        I used RivaTuner to check my texture VRAM usage - I see my local texture VRAM (TRAM) top out at 109M (the actual amount of local TRAM on a 128M card) with non-local TRAM (i.e. AGP aperture in my system RAM) about 40-50M or so.

When this 6FPS slow-down occurs, RivaTuner shows me that the TRAM usage is "shuffled" between local TRAM (on card) and non-local TRAM (system RAM).

I see the local TRAM usage figure drop a little and vary quickly up and down slightly while the non-local TRAM usage figure rises a little and also varies rapidly.

In short, what appears to be happening is that the card texture memory fills up, so the game has to off-load some texture into system RAM texture memory.

But this process takes 20 seconds or so - this may be a bug - let's hope Dice fixes it.

The easy answer is - get a 256M card.

Kapyong

Comment

Is this game the biggest resource hog ever programmed? I've upgraded everything to pretty high levels...but it never seems like it's enough.

Comment

I too am seeing alot of Graphics LAG on Great Wall! When I am turning with my mouse in certain areas of the map I am getting freezes and stutter. I am running an nVidia eVga 6800 NU 128M with 16/6 pipes open.

The other two new maps play smooth, just like all the vanilla maps. I wonder if EA didn't bother to optimize Great Wall for most of us players who don't have the most uber up to date graphics cards?

Personally I am not very happy with this situation after paying $10 for these maps, weapons, etc. As well as not being able to at least use the new small arms weapons in vanilla BF2 is really pathetic! EA, c'mon let us use the new kits in Vanilla???

Based on my personal experiences so far with EA's first booster pack for BF2, I may not be buying any more of them...

Comment

Working...
                            X