Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tragic Problem

Hey,

Ever since the 1.21 patch, after I exit my BF2 game then try to enter a game of BF2 again -- It shows the splash screen and then.... Nothing. It stays on the desktop. I see in Task Manager that there is nothing that has to do with BF2 in it, so it's not a conflicting problem with an already running program.

What else could it be? I can only keep playing after I reboot my PC. Are there any other solutions for this oh-so-tragic problem?

E// Oh BTW, I'm launching from Xfire. But when I don't launch from Xfire, BF2 gives me a "BF2.exe has encountered a problem and must close." message window. Any ideas?

*reboots*

Thanks.

Re: Tragic Problem

i never had that error

Comment

Originally posted by catskill
      i never had that error
      Err... Okay. Well is there anyone who does? Gimme some tips! Anyone? ANYTHING!

Comment

That is the EXACT same problem I've been having. Someone please help us!

Comment

I've tried that allow all refresh rates command on BF2lag, but it didn't work. I've also tried setting my refresh rate to its lowest (60hz). It was a no-go.

So... er... Help?

Comment

Try pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del, then the Processes tab. Click "Image Name" so the procs are sorted alphabetically, then look for BF2.exe . If it is running, then click on it and then on "End Process" . When you get a message about terminating the process, press Yes. Then start Battlefield again. Hope it works

Comment

Originally posted by anubis26
              Try pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del, then the Processes tab. Click "Image Name" so the procs are sorted alphabetically, then look for BF2.exe . If it is running, then click on it and then on "End Process" . When you get a message about terminating the process, press Yes. Then start Battlefield again. Hope it works
              In the first post, I said I already tried that.

Comment

I had that problem before and the only way i could sort it out was to reinstall the game completly.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerUK
                  I had that problem before and the only way i could sort it out was to reinstall the game completly.
                  Unfortunately, I've reinstalled many times -- And just twice more today just to be sure and it still has the same problem....

Comment

I dont know whats goin' on but 1.21 is the downfall of BF2 untill theres a new patch

Comment

Originally posted by EliteRazgriz666
                      I dont know whats goin' on but 1.21 is the downfall of BF2 untill theres a new patch
                      Hey, I actually think everything is ok.... Except for the crashing.

Can anyone else help? This is a huge problem...

Comment

Working...
                      X