Multiple PCs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple PCs

Hi, i have a desktop and a Laptop. Will i be able to have EF on each without paying twice?

Thanks.

Re: Multiple PCs

Actually you'll have to pay 3 times.

Comment

WTF! I have 2 pcs, how does that work!?

Comment

Yea YOU HAVE TO PAY 3 TIMES.....

Comment

Ok, your purchased copy is linked to your ingame name (same as gamespy id). So......if you login using the SAME name on your laptop, you should be able play EForces. You will have to login to the ea downloader on your laptop of course and download the booster there as well. And, no, this is certainly NOT stealing

Comment

My Gamespy ID is different to my BF2 username. Does that matter?

Comment

Sorry to see you received disinformation to your inquiry.

Your EF purchase entitles that BF2 account to play EF. So, to play on 2 PCs with that BF2 account...

1. Purchase and download on PC 1. Nothing different.

2. On PC 2 sign-in to the downloader with the same ea.com you used on PC 1. It will notice that you don't have EF maps installed on this PC and give you the download option. Nothing different, you just have to open the downloader on th 2nd PC.

You could even go so far as to take the downloaded file from PC 1, move it to PC 2 and install it.

Ultimately, as long as you are playing on the BF2 account that is EF entitled, and the maps are installed, you are good to go.

Comment

I think this is a very bad way to do business. They are going to turn off people to buying it. I bought a copy and my two sons can't play. I need to buy a couple more? Also, now when I go to my friends to play on his extra computer, I have to dl it there and hopefully it will work? I don't understand why they can't do it like HL2. And what about people that have multiple accounts? They can only switch accounts 3 times a week? They have made a big mistake and although they will make money on having this be dl only, I will not buy the next one until they fix this issue. If they don't fix it, oh well! I'll just play plain old regular bf2.

Comment

Working...
                X