Can't play after buying EF... WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't play after buying EF... WTF?

I just bought and downloaded EF. After installing it, I tried to conect to an EF server, but a message pops up saying that I need EF in order to play?

WTF IS THIS?

Re: Can't play after buying EF... WTF?

You need to do some reading in the sticky threads mate

Comment

good job EA. People can ONLY get it online, and you screw that up.

I haven't bought it, but I understand it's just a simple problem. But come on, if that many people who buy it have problems, it's time to rethink how your system works EA.

Comment

yeah it was a gamespy/ea nick issue, got it now

Comment

Originally posted by ghaib
          yeah it was a gamespy/ea nick issue, got it now
          I dont have a gamespy nickname.

Comment

What sticky thread is that I have the same problem... I think i know what the problem may be. My EA games are on a seperate HD and not on C drive there is no options sat to where the game is unpacking... Is this it or si there something else?

What sticky thread is that I have the same problem... I think i know what the problem may be. My EA games are on a seperate HD and not on C drive there is no options sat to where the game is unpacking... Is this it or si there something else?

Comment

I dont have a gamespy nickname.
              If you play BF2, then you have a GameSpy nickname. It is your BF2 name. Your BF2 name is a gamespy name.

I always worry when I see folks saying how they have to match and the such. It's not that they have to match, it's that your BF2 name is your GameSpy nick.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn
                If you play BF2, then you have a GameSpy nickname. It is your BF2 name. Your BF2 name is a gamespy name.
                lol well said, i had no problem but i know a lot of people did, it should have just said "enter your bf2 name" would have saved a lot of stress for some people lol

Comment

It still dont work , I changed my actual gamespy nick to my BF2 name via the EA downloader, and it still wont ket me play.

Comment

Same here why couldn't they just use a stand alone server bunch of damn tater heads. I am about to go through VISA and cancel my purchase and report it to BBB. This is so stupid. I don't use gamespy to play and when I loaded it up it showed 257 ppl on GS playing out of hmmm 3,000. Re think your ideas here EA or you will have a few hundred hits against you. and your Support for this product sucks as well. Tried that route... uninstall all of my BF2 and re install everything ?!!?? I wish that you didn't use us as beta testers like winblows does with each new revision of their product. A working copy would be nice for once.

Comment

Working...
                    X