Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Euro Force Install problem (not like others)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euro Force Install problem (not like others)

Hi, I have read that a few/lot of people have had core.exe errors because of having IE7. I had IE7 ages ago and uninstalled it, according to my system its no longer on here and according to hotfix updates too. I am however having problems installing because it doesnt load the ea downloader properly. I dont get a core.exe error it loads the program but with a white box in the middle.

I have tried re-installing the ea downloader but it just wont work. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Nick

Re: Euro Force Install problem (not like others)

Tried using Firefox?

Comment

What do you mean by using firefox? I use firefox daily if thats what you mean. Ive purchased EuroForce online and downloaded EA Downloader and thats where the process stops.

Comment

Close the downloader and reopen it - it will show up in your downloader if you already purchased it.

Comment

I've red this "use firefox" about a thousand time now.
          FIREFOX HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!
          It will not change a thing regarding the downloader whether you have it installed or not.

Comment

BeerStein you didnt read it right, he has nothing showing in the downloader, only the surround and where all the info and the game to download would be he just had a blank white square.

In the end I copyed my download of EF onto cd and transfered it to his pc that way. And before anyone goes screaming about pirating, He had paid for it, you can only use it if you have paid anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Salohcine
              What do you mean by using firefox? I use firefox daily if thats what you mean. Ive purchased EuroForce online and downloaded EA Downloader and thats where the process stops.
              EA downloader uses some IE files regardless of if you have FireFox or not. The IE7beta install has some issues with EA downloader. One in our group had this problem. However I don't think this is your problem.
              Another had your exact problem. I think his fix was to change his EA downloader name to match his gamespy name, and this must be the name you use to log into EA when starting BF2. EA downloader allows you to change your name for EA downloader no more then 3 times perweek.

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaDoc64
                EA downloader uses some IE files regardless of if you have FireFox or not. The IE7beta install has some issues with EA downloader. One in our group had this problem. However I don't think this is your problem.
                Another had your exact problem. I think his fix was to change his EA downloader name to match his gamespy name, and this must be the name you use to log into EA when starting BF2. EA downloader allows you to change your name for EA downloader no more then 3 times perweek.
                There was no possible way to change the name on the Downloader as there was nothing to click, only close and minimize.

Its fixed now anyway, I put the files on CD for nick and he installed from that.

Comment

Working...
                X