Asus A8N32-SLI
    AMD Athlon x2 4400+
    2x Evga 7800 GTX w/ACS3
    2 GB Corsair XMS 3200C2
    Soundblaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
    2x 80 GB Maxtor Raid 0
    CoolMax ExtremePower 650w SLI
    Zalman CNPS 9500 LED

i think this system is more than enough , so is this ea issue ?
    all drivers are updated BF2 latest patch

Re: Warlord lag !

That is the laggiest map in BF2 because of all of the building interiors. What are your in-game video settings?

Comment

For me it's Iron Gator. Most of the time I want to command on that one. I just get so much lag that it's almost unplayable sometimes.

A lot of that has to do with the server tho 4 me. If some people are pinging at 320, then I give up and go on to another server.

Comment

Originally posted by Leeus
        For me it's Iron Gator. Most of the time I want to command on that one. I just get so much lag that it's almost unplayable sometimes.
        Yeah, that is a lagger too. For the same reason as Warlord (many interiors).

Comment

Warlord also has stuff like the smoking wreckage outside the TV station. Cool to look at but that sort of eye candy puts a hurt on your FPS.

That said, I get zero lag on any BF2/SF maps with hardware nowhere near as good as the OP's but I run my detail quite low in order to achieve this.

Comment

Originally posted by cheesewz
            That is the laggiest map in BF2 because of all of the building interiors. What are your in-game video settings?
            all are maxed out AA4x ( 7800 GTX SLI ) what should be beter than this !

Comment

Originally posted by Super KW
              all are maxed out AA4x ( 7800 GTX SLI ) what should be beter than this !
              I have a rig like yours (dual 7800 GTX) and don't run all of the settings on high. There are several that you can/should turn down to medium because add great fps without much visible loss of quality. Check out the TweakGuide for BF2. They have detailed discussion of each in-game video setting with recommendations. I spent a couple of hours playing around with settings and found out that they were pretty much spot on.

Comment

SF is just poorly coded or the maps are just wrong. I don't know what kind of rigs Dice tested it on, but it's something that the general public doesn't have access to. I've had lag problems with it since day one, and am running an Amd64 3200 with dual 6600's in SLI. I can play bf2 at high settings and 16x AA all day long with little to no lag, but SF...that's a different story.

I'm willing to bet even a quad 7900GT rig would be the same.

Comment

Bf2 runing smoth in maxout 4x fps 75-99
                  but SF fps 55-75 + lag
                  i tryed EF no lag so far
                  mybe we have to wait for Geforce 8800 GTX

Comment

Originally posted by Super KW
                    Bf2 runing smoth in maxout 4x fps 75-99
                    but SF fps 55-75 + lag
                    i tryed EF no lag so far
                    mybe we have to wait for Geforce 8800 GTX
                    SF has more lag in all maps than vanilla (or EF). With my current settings I can pull 85-100 fps in vanilla and SF, except for Warlord and Iron Gator. When I get inside the structures it will go down to the 55-75 that you mention. 55-75 FPS is definitely playable, but it is annoying when you've got a high end rig. You expect better than that. I can play HL2 at 1900X1200 (or something like that) at highest settings without any effort at all. BF2 is just not the same. The only game that I've played which is more demanding is FEAR.

Comment

Working...
                    X