Armored Fury.. my guess on content:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armored Fury.. my guess on content:

Will be three very close urban maps.. with one tank on each side. mostly all infantry battles no jets.. maybe a helo or two. I mean.. I didn't exactly expect what I got with EF so why should AF be different?

seriously.. wtf is up with all the tanks on EF lol.

I feel like its ROME:Total War but they replaced the horses with tanks.

Fun as hell.. don't get me wrong. Just kinda blindsided me.

Re: Armored Fury.. my guess on content:

Originally posted by wattsfox43
    Will be three very close urban maps.. with one tank on each side. mostly all infantry battles no jets.. maybe a helo or two. I mean.. I didn't exactly expect what I got with EF so why should AF be different?

seriously.. wtf is up with all the tanks on EF lol.

I feel like its ROME:Total War but they replaced the horses with tanks.

Fun as hell.. don't get me wrong. Just kinda blindsided me.
    i`l explain it:
    DICE planned on releasing another expansion pack..the expansion pack was supposed to concetrate on the vehicle [mostly armour] battles... [since they already created Special forces which is an INF based expansion]...eventually they decided to cancel the expansion and release two booster packs instead...Euro force and armoured fury...[they wanted to do that because that way they can sell better,and since its a part of vanila BF2 the maps will be played by more people,unlike SF]
    since they already have an expansion pack based on inf battles,they wanted the two booster packs to concetrate the vehicle battles...

EF is the "lighter" edition of the armour battles,the real big ones will be featured in AF....

Comment

Well whoop-dee-doo. Won't bother with Armoured Fury then. So, for us infantry war lovers, we've got DICE to thank for the completely borked way of introducing SF as a separate expansion...

Comment

There's plenty of intense infantry on the great wall

Comment

ARMORED FURY , wich part of ARMORED don't you understand ?

they said, armored fury will be like battle of the bulge and stuff, wich is tank vs tank

Comment

don't you ever stop b1thcing about every little thing, don't like it don't play it, IMO EF has plenty of opportunities for infantry based battles, and EA never directly implied that EF would be infantry based only, and karkand is getting boring, any new content is welcomed and appreciated, and AF should be very nice too with the A10 and all

Comment

Originally posted by ZemonerZ
              There's plenty of intense infantry on the great wall
              Totally. Alot of fun on the walls and the battlements.

Comment

Originally posted by ZemonerZ
                don't you ever stop b1thcing about every little thing, don't like it don't play it, IMO EF has plenty of opportunities for infantry based battles, and EA never directly implied that EF would be infantry based only, and karkand is getting boring, any new content is welcomed and appreciated, and AF should be very nice too with the A10 and all
                Im sorry, but I see very little room for infantry battles in EF. Great Wall is supposed to be the "infantry" map, but Ive yet to see it. All I see is tanks and APCs raping anyone who is not in said vehicles. And forget not being in a tank/chopper/plane on either of the other 2 maps.

And as far as Armored Fury goes, with the A-10, I can't wait to see how bad the armor gets raped on it. Taraba Quarry is a useless armor map right now, and thats just with the same old bombers on it, save for the EuroFighter. I played Taraba last night and went 8-12 in a tank, because everytime I get in one, there was an F-15 waiting to take my ass out. The F-15 pilot went 41-0. Now add a jet that is designed to take out tanks, and see where us tank guys are at.

With all that said, this is all speculation, and I hope I'm wrong. And I do like Operation Smoke Screen quite a bit. Great Wall sucks IMHO, and Ill give Taraba Quarry another chance with the hopes that there are some pilots that are willing to dogfight each other and keep the jets off our back on the ground. Its very early and gameplay is sure to change.

Comment

Its not called Armored Fury for nothing folks.

Comment

This is my guess

Battlefield 2: Armored Fury will add three new maps, all set in the rural heartland of America where the US forces defend their homeland from Chinese and MEC forces. This Booster Pack will also introduce two new vehicle classes: Attack Jets with the ability to use rocket pods and cluster bombs, and agile Scout Choppers which will reveal nearby enemies.

"Midnight Sun" takes place on the Alaskan border, where Chinese forces make landfall.

"Operation Harvest" will take the player to the vast open plains of Pennsylvania where only the expert use of air and armor will assure victory.

"Operation Road Rage" sees all-out tank warfare on the freeways of America.

And these will be in it :

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan
                      This is my guess

Battlefield 2: Armored Fury will add three new maps, all set in the rural heartland of America where the US forces defend their homeland from Chinese and MEC forces. This Booster Pack will also introduce two new vehicle classes: Attack Jets with the ability to use rocket pods and cluster bombs, and agile Scout Choppers which will reveal nearby enemies.

"Midnight Sun" takes place on the Alaskan border, where Chinese forces make landfall.

"Operation Harvest" will take the player to the vast open plains of Pennsylvania where only the expert use of air and armor will assure victory.

"Operation Road Rage" sees all-out tank warfare on the freeways of America.

And these will be in it :

http://www.totalbf2.com/game/af/vehicles/
                      That scout heli looks like it will be a proper transport heli . 6 seats small and fast. Better than the really sluggish giant targets that are in the game at the moment . Ill probably buy that booster as well just for the new heli like a total tard.

Comment

Originally posted by rombaft
                        they said, armored fury will be like battle of the bulge and stuff, wich is tank vs tank
                        Dont forget the Su25s and A10s... I can visualise the whiners already.. :laugh:

Comment

The A-10 WILL DECEMATE ALL TANKS! so that will take care of the tank problems

Comment

Originally posted by DrJambo
                            Well whoop-dee-doo. Won't bother with Armoured Fury then. So, for us infantry war lovers, we've got DICE to thank for the completely borked way of introducing SF as a separate expansion...
                            Like someone already said, Great Wall is a good infantry map.

But what I really want to know is, if you like infantry fighting so much, why are you playing BF2 where the catch of the games has been taking control of a vehicle and raising havoc???

You want infantry, play Special Forces or better yet, download Counterstrike Source off of steam.

Originally posted by roshambo14

And as far as Armored Fury goes, with the A-10, I can't wait to see how bad the armor gets raped on it. Taraba Quarry is a useless armor map right now, and thats just with the same old bombers on it, save for the EuroFighter. I played Taraba last night and went 8-12 in a tank, because everytime I get in one, there was an F-15 waiting to take my ass out. The F-15 pilot went 41-0. Now add a jet that is designed to take out tanks, and see where us tank guys are at.
                            If an F15 goes 41-0 against you, that means your team had crap pilots and linebackers, period.

You get 2 aircraft as well as 2 linebackers to take down the opposing teams aircraft. Stop crying.

Comment

Originally posted by colony
                              You get 2 aircraft as well as 2 linebackers to take down the opposing teams aircraft. Stop crying.
                              Mods please make the above quote a sticky...

Comment

Working...
                              X