EF, some good, mostly bad .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EF, some good, mostly bad .

Euro forces, bit of a disapointment in my opinion, and vcertainly not what the comunity asked for .

First the good things offcourse

- graphics seem to be very nice, some maps give stunning views
    - weapons as Famas and Support weapon are very good
    - maps seem to have good balance
    - doesn't seem to have many bugs, or extra bugs

Now the bad points

- I remember the comunity aking and liking city maps, more infantry based, more action going on, not to big, EF is the complete opposite, very big map, extremely a lot of armor and planes, very boring, no action points
    - as infantry you spend 90% of the time walking and running to somewhere
    - comunity dislikes the overpowering jets, but still they give u two of the three maps with jets, and mostly open space so jets can take everything out easely
    - due to the big maps, there is some lag
    - we have no real 64 player maps

conclusion, euro forces has failed,
    I realy don't understand it, they said two booster packs, one infantry wich is euro forces, and one vehicle based, beeing armored fury.
    As it seems, euro forces is amost completely vehicle based, even more vehicle based then any map we ever seen at this point .
    I wunder what armored fury wil be, 32 players, 50 tanks on each team, 20 jets on each team, .........

If the comunity asks for more infantry based maps, when the infantry based maps are played the most, when the most popular map (karkand) is the only map on half of the servers, why do they make something completely opposite ?

result : about 75 % of the people who purchased EF aren't happy with it .

Re: EF, some good, mostly bad .

hmmm. I'm curious, I was think about EF. But now not too sure. Maybe we can start a poll to see how many ppl are happy with EF and how many are not.

Comment

Agree 100 % with you rombaft. A strange design decision indeed! Great Wall is more infantry than the other two, but hardly along the lines of classic infantry maps like Sharqi, Mashtuur or Karkand.

For me, EF has been a disappointment. I'm just glad it was only £6.

Comment

Ya I agree with that as well. Apart from the maps being balanced, I think the MEC have huge advantage in the air which makes life on the ground a nightmare as EU.

Comment

Originally posted by Bashbunny
          hmmm. I'm curious, I was think about EF. But now not too sure. Maybe we can start a poll to see how many ppl are happy with EF and how many are not.
          depends, if you like getting in a tank, drive an hour to the enemy base, kill some die some, get in a gain, drive again for a whole time, then EF is for you , also jet pilots may like the game

Comment

Rombaft i totally agree. Very disappointed with EF. Gutted i can't use Euro Force weapons on Vanilla BF2 like i can with SF.

Comment

Originally posted by rombaft
              Now the bad points

- I remember the comunity aking and liking city maps, more infantry based, more action going on, not to big, EF is the complete opposite, very big map, extremely a lot of armor and planes, very boring, no action points
              - as infantry you spend 90% of the time walking and running to somewhere
              - comunity dislikes the overpowering jets, but still they give u two of the three maps with jets, and mostly open space so jets can take everything out easely
              You have SF - it is as INF as BF should get. Any less vehicals in a BF map, and it won't be BF.
              If you want more Counter strike, why not play more counter strike?

Tons of people love the vehicals.

Comment

I found the new maps very fun to play , but than again i dont dislike armour that much . I have to agree with you on the jets , i also hate jets. By the way i think i played with you yesterday rombaft for one round taraba quarry .

Comment

Originally posted by stormwolf
                  You have SF - it is as INF as BF should get. Any less vehicals in a BF map, and it won't be BF.
                  If you want more Counter strike, why not play more counter strike?

Tons of people love the vehicals.

You want sega afterburner, why not play more sega afterburner?

SF has plenty of vehicles but they are optional. You can still walk around on foot and do ok and it doesn't require 10 minutes to walk from flag to flag either.

Comment

Originally posted by ChuChu
                    You want sega afterburner, why not play more sega afterburner?

SF has plenty of vehicles but they are optional. You can still walk around on foot and do ok and it doesn't require 10 minutes to walk from flag to flag either.

my point exactly

Comment

Maps ok i suppose but weapons are weak! also the way you HAVE to use the ea downloader by credit card is bad! Why should we have to pay for mods that are being created and uploaded for nothing by all the different modders! And are better i might add!

Comment

For me EF is lag free and looks great! However, as you say, the maps are very vehicle heavy.

On Operation Smoke Screen each side has 10 tanks, 2 helos and 2 planes - and seeing as this is a 32-player map that means 14 people in vehicles, 1 commander and 1 freelancer on each team? What happened to infantry?

I wouldn't have minded it so much if it wasn't for the "faulty" marketing. I was hoping EF would be well suited for infantry, but it's basically an Armour booster pack..

I really wonder what we're gonna see in Armored Fury..

Comment

I find Great Wall has excellent infantry battles. There's a whole other game going on the walls while the armor slugs it out in the courtyard. Lots of cat and mouse with snipers. Some sweet firefights in and around the battlements. Good squad vs squad action.

tabata had some good skirmishes around the bridge and around the northern control points. You just can't run in the open fields and expect to hide from armor. Play the buildings and hills and infantry is completely viable.

Smoke screen seems all vehicle all the time. At no point were less than 2-3 enemy vehicles in view or approaching.

Comment

I'm with you Rombaft. I got it last night and played each of the maps a couple of times in single player and the quarry in multiplayer. I was surprised at the two tank heavy maps, which I'd expected in Armored Fury, but not in EuroForce. Great Wall is unspectacular for a city map. I do like the wall idea, which allows for some interesting gameplay (would be even better with ziplines and grappling hooks), but there is not enough density of buildings within the walls to be a great city map like Karkand or Sharqi. It would be better if the outer wall went farther out with a dense pack of buildings and tons of alleys & streets inside.

I have been a bit of an armor whore lately but wasn't completely enamored with the tank maps. Probably because the team I was on didn't have great tankers. The other tankers on my team weren't engineers so we didn't benefit from the engineer armor column. Our opponents did do engineer armor columns (supported by AT guys), so we got wiped out quickly and painfully. I'm sure that colored my initial impression of the map. I'll give them more of a go and see if my opinion changes.

I do think the graphics look great and I like the different guns & vehicles (particularly the Challenger).

Overall I think it was worth my $10. That is two visits to Starbucks

Comment

Originally posted by Spyda
                              I find Great Wall has excellent infantry battles. There's a whole other game going on the walls while the armor slugs it out in the courtyard. Lots of cat and mouse with snipers. Some sweet firefights in and around the battlements. Good squad vs squad action.
                              Problem is at some point you're going to have to come down off those walls if you are planning on capping flags. At that point you're going to need a vehicle to get to the outlying flags.

Comment

Working...
                              X