Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3rd time downloaded....can't find bf2 install folder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd time downloaded....can't find bf2 install folder?

Ok, this is the third time I have downloaded EF and the second time I have had this error.

I download the game, and right when i go to install it, after it goes through the 2/3 step and the 3/3 step, I choose my language, and click I agree and then it says it can't find the bf2 install folder....

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!

EDIT: actually I tried it again and all I can do is choose language and then it does the loading thing and then when it gets to the very end it gives the error.

Re: 3rd time downloaded....can't find bf2 install folder?

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA Downloader\cache

In there will be a folder with your account name, in that folder will be a folder called

eagamesbf2-2006online_map_contentbf2euro

Comment

The way you describe that it sounds almost like the destination folder is read only. Can you confirm that that path of folders has read and write permissions? I think it is XP Home that commonly defaults directories to read only if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

The way you describe that it sounds almost like the destination folder is read only. Can you confirm that that path of folders has read and write permissions? I think it is XP Home that commonly defaults directories to read only if I'm not mistaken.
        Where is the destiation folder?

EDIT: I found it, under EA games I unchecked the read only box for the BF2 folder.

Unfortunately I am redownloading for the fourth time.

EDIT: WTF, I set I UNchecked the read only box and applied but then it went back to read only!

Comment

are you logged into windows on a full access (administrator) account, rather then a limited one?

Comment

most likely something has happened to your install path to battlefield2

this happens when you do things like add virtual drives, add new hdds, or change drive letters.

mostly when virtual drives are added by programs such as DAEMON TOOLS or Alcohol 120% for cd/dvd burning

you need to go into your registry and look for 'battlefield 2'

my guess is the install path of your battlefield 2 is incorrect now in your registry because your drive letters changed somehow.

you can modify the key to point to the right directory and it should find the path correctly.

-java

Comment

are you logged into windows on a full access (administrator) account, rather then a limited one?
              Yes I am an administrator.

And its already downloaded/installed to the cache, im trying to install it to the actual folder....

I shouldn't have this problem anyways because the first time I tried to install EF it found the install folder fine but wouldn't install due to a catastrophic error....

Comment

that IS the actual folder it finally installs to AFAIK, it dosent install into the "EA GAMES" folder like SF did. Its obviously got confused because it initially crashed as you have now mentioned.

All i can suggest is do a FULL un-install/Re-install of BF2 (uninstall in control panel/remove programs)

**EDIT** any danger you can shorten your sig, at the very least lose the spaces between quotes, as you take up as much space on a page with your sig as you do with the post, if not more!

Comment

All i can suggest is do a FULL un-install/Re-install of BF2 (uninstall in control panel/remove programs)
                  Well NOW im getting an encryption error with the 5th time ive downloaded EF....so it thinks im trying to install before im supposed to.

What Bul$hit.

Comment

I have a patch 1.3 For BF2, when i instal it it tells me put your language after i put the language, it will make a loading when the loading nearly end there is a error come out and tells me can't find install folder battlefield 2 what do i do to make that loading continuous so i can play battlefield 2 onlne PLEASE tell me guys?

Comment

i had this problem it was wierd and for some reason i couldnt uninstall my bf2 correctly it was a registry prob and i didnt deal with it.... i just went to sytem restore and went back to when bf2 was installled and it fix the prob....but if yours will uninstall do so and reinstall it

Comment

Working...
                      X