Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to pay for Euroforce in UK, with debit card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to pay for Euroforce in UK, with debit card?

So i got all geared up for downloading Euroforce, but when i come to pay, im using a Switch debit card, it won't let me continue without entering a start date, switch cards don't have start dates!

I saw that someone else is having this problem, can you just put any old start date in in and it will be ok? Don't wana get my card cancelled or something.

Cheers for any help.

Re: How to pay for Euroforce in UK, with debit card?

You can't pay with a debit card, it has to be a credit card.

Comment

Yeah switch cards don't have start dates written on them.

Do you know in which year you were issued your card?? If so it will be that year and the same month as the expiry date (which is written on your card).

That is what i do to work it out.

Most websites in my experience require EITHER the start date or the issue number for switch cards (the issue # is written on the card) so what can i say? other than well done EA!

(I'm a poet and i didn't know it) etc...

Comment

If my cards issue 2 though because i lost one, im guessing it would be the start date of this second card.
        edit: just tried putting a start date in and it complains, try putting start date and issue number it complains, tried issue only it complains!

If anyone has got a debit card switch to work id like to know how.

what a load of crap

Comment

Originally posted by Ganesh
          You can't pay with a debit card, it has to be a credit card.
          I'm not lying.

Comment

^Tis a bit stupid of EA to not allow debit cards if that is true...

Comment

But when you go to the page it lets you sellect switch, solo and others from the drop down box. Why would it let you select switch if it didn't support it.

Comment

Originally posted by coolio
                If my cards issue 2 though because i lost one, im guessing it would be the start date of this second card.
                edit: just tried putting a start date in and it complains, try putting start date and issue number it complains, tried issue only it complains!

If anyone has got a debit card switch to work id like to know how.

what a load of crap
                Stupid i know, but the fact remains, you cannot pay with a debit card, only a credit card.

Comment

I tried to find out by creating a new account, but 'allyboom' is already in use. wtf. Is the EA account the same as your BF2 account?? If not some biatch has stolen my name...

Comment

Actually there might be another way has anyone used the "click & buy" option? It takes you to some kinda bt payment website? Im so gona get my details stolen.

Doesn't look like you can pay with debit card but ea really shouldn't give you the option. Its really bad website design. Here's a screeny of the payment screen that i get ------>

Comment

I'm getting this exactly same problem, my switch/maestro card, that so happens to work with EVERYTHING i purchase online, isn't working

Darn start date issue error, even if I put the start date in....

I'll try my Mastercard out, still tho, thats taking the pis*...

Comment

also does your ea login have to be the same as your bf2 login?

let me know if anyone has any success with "click and buy"

Comment

Originally posted by coolio
                          also does your ea login have to be the same as your bf2 login?

let me know if anyone has any success with "click and buy"
                          Your Gamespy ID is your BF2 name.

Mine is Suicide_jeeps so I just put that in, I also made a stupid mistake by putting in my password when it asks for you to put your BF2/GS name in again.......

BTW in response to my earlier post, I've used my Mastercard and its worked fine, downloading now..

Comment

Yeah well i cant buy euro force either. I no longer own a credit card and i am in australia and therefore cannot use the downloader.

Comment

coolio already posted the solution.

In the UK, if you only have a debit card then you should be able to use the 'Click & Buy' option, as I did, to purchase EF.

Comment

Working...
                              X