Great fun with the Hind heli and tv missiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great fun with the Hind heli and tv missiles

Anyone ever tried playing the Surge map with a good heli couple? It just had a load of fun just hovering high over the planes seeing people running away from their tanks in a frenzy when we started to hover and seemingly do nothing :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Posting this cause I think its a shame that most people only use the heli like addicts instead of working as a team. Heli as a team is much more fun, hope more people will take the trouble, its well worth it.

Re: Great fun with the Hind heli and tv missiles

ya i love heli on that map. I just wish I could find better gunners :>
    "Crunch's First Officer"
    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

attackheli is awesome. apache ftw.

and yes, gunners are the problem i'm afraid. i usually give my gunners a few chances to prove themselves. if they wait too long on a tv guided, or miss a few easy shots, etc, i usually give up and just fly like i'm solo.

there are definitely pilots out there that don't care about their gunners though, don't get me wrong. they are jerks. but i just want to make sure you understand sometimes it's not the pilot, but rather the pilot has determined he can be more successful for his team without catering to you as a gunner...

Comment

Originally posted by AnotherEd
        there are definitely pilots out there that don't care about their gunners though, don't get me wrong. they are jerks. but i just want to make sure you understand sometimes it's not the pilot, but rather the pilot has determined he can be more successful for his team without catering to you as a gunner...

Precisely. The "lobotomized idiot" pool from which the gunner category is seemingly almost wholly compromised of is a huge liability for any decent pilot.
        Whether he's shooting at a T-90 with his chaingun, or shooting at an APC with his chaingun, or.....WAIT FOR IT.....shooting another Helo. with his chaingun, he's doing more harm than good.

Chaingun is for INFANTRY AND JEEPS ONLY. Let me say that again, just because it may not get through to some of these special people I have encountered during some rounds. Chaingun is for INFANTRY AND JEEPS ONLY.
        Might as well add, since this seems to be out of the reach of the IQ range of your average gunner: If you see me SLOW DOWN, face the f*ck forward. You'll soon see why I'm slowing down :P

The simple fact is, I can take out stationary AA, infantry, jeeps, and APCs faster and more efficiently than if I wait for the lobotomized gunner to catch on and try his best
        The only thing I need you for is the occassional Tank, or Mobile AA (but guess what, I'm usually better off missle strafing that as well, as most people don't relize its there until its fired its entire payload).

Dismissed.

Comment

I find most of the pilots in SF are only concerned with themselves as the choppers are so effective as solo pilot killing things . I dont really like them myself so never pilot them. One thing Im not sure of though is where the TV is in comparison to the pilots crosshair. It could be a reason i rarely ever get a view of anything but the ground rather than selfish pilots.

Comment

Yep... too many nose down pilots that never give their gunners a chance are just as bad as gunners that don't look around and see ripe targets. The best pilot/gunner combos are those that use vox to communicate. Nither can really type when flying and too much time is spent trying to get one guy to look in some direction or coordinate some activity that you end up getting blown out of the sky.

Comment

Originally posted by Immunity
              Might as well add, since this seems to be out of the reach of the IQ range of your average gunner: If you see me SLOW DOWN, face the f*ck forward. You'll soon see why I'm slowing down :P
              lol i had to laugh at this. too true. i can't tell you how many gunners i've yelled at in the silence of my own room to just look at what i'm looking at for once. i'm flying, therefore we go where i can see. what i can see is what we are going to engage. welcome to the front of the chopper and my world as pilot.

i have to disagree with the chaingun on helos though. if that b*tch is a smokin' you better be a clickin'. chaingun can finish things off. but true for the most part, stop letting them know where we are!!!!

chowley/nuts: the SF choppers TV guided missile points down a LOT further than vanilla choppers do. so the defacto setup when a chopper is aiming at something is for the TV guided not to be. you can not fly around with TV pointing at everything useful all the time, it's a specific setup when needed. hence why you may feel pilots are more selfish in SF when they are just flying as they need to and SF is the difference, not the pilots.

and honestly, i used to agree about VoIP being a necessity, but now it's just sorta a nicety IF i have a good gunner. a good gunner will always be looking forward and monitoring their radar for anything we are coming up on. he'll know how to prioritize targets appropriately and use the right weapon for the job without prompting. VoIP is lagged a few seconds. if i have to tell my gunner what is going on around them and they have to figure it out and catch up, we will generally loose the initiative. nothing feels worse than having that AA turret swivel your way why you call it out. nothing more satisfying then putting the tv guided right on an AA and a TV guided vapor trail shoot out almost instantly....

Comment

Originally posted by AnotherEd
                chowley/nuts: the SF choppers TV guided missile points down a LOT further than vanilla choppers do. so the defacto setup when a chopper is aiming at something is for the TV guided not to be. you can not fly around with TV pointing at everything useful all the time, it's a specific setup when needed. hence why you may feel pilots are more selfish in SF when they are just flying as they need to and SF is the difference, not the pilots.

Ya I understand that, I know that they are much lower than the other choppers. But how much lower than the havoc are they, I have no idea how to test this without getting someone in my chopper and pointing out targets and asking .

I think I have only once ever been lined up for a TV shot. Was a very good pilot that plays on the same server as me, Colite I think is his name anyway its rare. Its not that its not opportune for them generally it seems to me they dont care or dont know where it is.

Comment

Pilots should remember the different angle the tv-guided missiles have in SF. That is the biggest problem, because you can't see enough when in tv-mode and most of the time the pilot flies nose down.

Comment

yep, there is a thread on that in the tips section:

"Crunch's First Officer"
                    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Excellent, thanks a lot .

That is extremely low lol. I thought it was around the gunner view box, never thought it would be well below.

Comment

Working...
                      X