How to find and backup your Euro Download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to find and backup your Euro Download

I found that the 351 mb download can be found by XP Start Button> Search> "All Files and Folders" (Be sure to include hidden and system Type "Euro" into the search bar.

The result should look something like this:

eagamesbf2-2006online_map_contentbf2euro
    C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA Downloader\cache\XXXXXXXXXXXX (X's added in place of system information; sorry =)
    351 MB (369,087,159 bytes)

That can be burned onto a blank CD. Presto you now have a copy of the Euro Booster saved to disk.

Re: How to find and backup your Euro Download

That can be burned onto a blank CD. Presto you now have a copy of the Euro Booster saved to disk.
    Good work, not like you need it anyways tho, if it isn't detected on your system then they will let you redownload SF or EF a million times if you have to.

Comment

Nice, I'm about to start backing it up so I can stick it in the jewel case I had posted from a friend of Germany.

Looks nice next to BF2 and SF.

Comment

nice i made my self a disc with a nice blue bf2 icon and a autorun on the setup thanks!

Comment

we made a nice CD image for you guys to use as well MazZ.

Comment

i know i used it aswell very well made! thank you very much!

Comment

Doing this or editing where it says user name, can you make it so that Euro Works for more than one account?

Comment

Originally posted by Hero_Sub
                Doing this or editing where it says user name, can you make it so that Euro Works for more than one account?
                I dont think so. One downloaded copy = one account only.

The procedure I outlined backs up the file onto a disk. That's all.

Comment

I wonder if you can burn it to a disk or zip it up and send it to somebody that is having problems downloading, but has already paid for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brutus
                    I wonder if you can burn it to a disk or zip it up and send it to somebody that is having problems downloading, but has already paid for it.
                    Yeah you can, I've just done it for my GF

Comment

Ok I got Nero Burning rom.

What do I burn it as? DATA, DATA and MUSIC? or do I have to have a DVD

Comment

Originally posted by keenie
                        Yeah you can, I've just done it for my GF
                        I dont think your GF will be able to play EF off YOUR backup. If so then we might have a serious problem.

///////

Gr|m|in just make a data disk out of it.

Comment

Hmm. When I searched for the file a folder came up called "European Help File." I'm not too good with computers so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy552(AWG)
                            I dont think your GF will be able to play EF off YOUR backup. If so then we might have a serious problem.
                            Why might we have a "serious problem"? She did have to buy EF to play it, I was just saving her the DL (the DRM being account based, and not CD-KEY based)

Minh15: the folder your looking for is:
                            C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA Downloader\cache\<username>\eagamesbf2-2006online_map_contentbf2euro (need to run the installer from the Downloader before it will appear)

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy552(AWG)
                              Why do you all try to make this so hard.

It is just a file. I copied the file to a CD (along with the EAD install file) to save a friend time downloading it when the EAD was peaked out.

All he did was purchase EF online. He then installed the EAD program and logged in. He then closed the EAD program and copied the file that I gave him to his EAD directory under his profile name. He then reopend EAD and now there was an option to install EF. Once it is installed, you can uninstall EAD if you want to, just copy the EF install file first to another location, just keep a copy of the EAD installer cause you will need EAD to reinstall EF if your system craps out of you uninstall and reload BF2.

Comment

Working...
                              X