CTD Wierd Style HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTD Wierd Style HELP!!!

Ive recently reinstalled windows Xp operating system and I had to delete and old partition yada yada yada .... So basically I have a fresh new computer... Took me 3 days to get the internet to work again ith my router ... so having bf2 crash imeddiately ... sorta ****ed me off. Heres the scenario: Just Installed disk 1,2,3. Asks to restart my comp now . Yes. Reboots. Double Click Play BF2 Online Now. Screen comes up "BATTLEFIELD 2" Big and Normal. I get a quick glimpse of desktop (like usuall) and then Black Screen (like usuall) but after a 3 second black screen, WHAM to the desktop ... Understand I have not yet dl any of the patches because ... whats the point if i cant even get to the main menu screen ... If thats my problem then ez fix. But also when I clicked the regular "Battlefield 2" icon ... Im assuming thats offline ... it does same exact thing ... nn patches for offline right?

I REALLY HOPE SUM1 KNOWS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT .... Im going into bf2 withdrawal here!!!

Re: CTD Wierd Style HELP!!!

over here BF2 comes on one DVD.. Just saying.. So many of you guys have it on 2 CD-Rs. weird.

Try downloading patch 1.21 full... If you are an ATI user try the latest graphics drivers from their site (it has a fix for a CTD issue with BF2).

Comment

Re: CTD Wierd Style HELP!!!

Originally posted by FierceTeapot
      over here BF2 comes on one DVD.. Just saying.. So many of you guys have it on 2 CD-Rs. weird.

Try downloading patch 1.21 full... If you are an ATI user try the latest graphics drivers from their site (it has a fix for a CTD issue with BF2).
      Nope ... Just dl'd the newest patch 1.21 and still doesnt work ... my graphics card is 6800gs nvidia ... not ati .... and the wierdest part is ... I literally had bf2 working yesterday but I deleted that partition to make a new partition with my operating system reinstalled ... when you delete a partition .... all the old files are deleted right? i thought maybe thats why i cant get it to work.

Still cant fix .... NEED HELP!!! I downloaded some new drivers from both microsoft and nvidia for my video card ... incase that was the prob ... but nop .... nothing .... Some of my buddies said its something to do with the load files .... but i dont see any way they could possibly be corrupt ...the only thing i could think is maybe im missing an update somewhere ... It just doesnt make sense that the game would "try" to load and I can hear the cd drive working but have it never actually get to the login screen.

Comment

Working...
      X