STEAM Screwed Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STEAM Screwed Me

Wow what the hell? I'm working on my vet. Anti-Tank badge currently. I was playing Karkand, not doing too well but my team was raping so i considered it a good round. All of a sudden, the game freezes up then shuts down. Seconds later a STEAM update pops up...my game got closed so steam can update. **** steam!

Re: STEAM Screwed Me

Should havehad steam on while you were playing silly

Comment

steam owned u!

Comment

Yeah I agree, it's not steams fault. Maybe you should create a batch file that turns off all your uneccisaries when you're in game, and another to turn them all back on.

Comment

Originally posted by |AC!D_BURN|
          that is just your own stupidity, you should have closed out of STEAM. so you had it comming to you when you left STEAM up.

I close STEAM every time i log in...that's why i'm confused about it.

Comment

I dunno why people resorted to calling you stupid but whatever. Forget them. You probably just forgot this time. If I were you, I'd remove it from your startup aps and only start it up when you want to play a STEAM game. If you play STEAM games often, there are ways of having STEAM run as a shutdown program. So when you shut your computer off at night using the START--> Turn Off Computer button (or you can create a new button that looks just like it but is a simple batch file that shuts your computer off when it's done) STEAM will update then turn off your computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jofaba
              I dunno why people resorted to calling you stupid but whatever. Forget them. You probably just forgot this time. If I were you, I'd remove it from your startup aps and only start it up when you want to play a STEAM game. If you play STEAM games often, there are ways of having STEAM run as a shutdown program. So when you shut your computer off at night using the START--> Turn Off Computer button (or you can create a new button that looks just like it but is a simple batch file that shuts your computer off when it's done) STEAM will update then turn off your computer.
              No, I'm pretty sure i turned STEAM off though. Nice idea on the shutdown program option. I'll check that out.

Comment

If you shut it down, as in actually terminated the application, it won't just start back up on it's own. Something triggered it, or it was on all the time but you just thought it was off. Do you have a keyboard shortcut to STEAM? Maybe some combination of keys, like START and S opens steam. Nope, not that combo (just tried)... anyway I doubt that's what happened. You obviously just didn't close the program, you only minimized it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jofaba
                  If you shut it down, as in actually terminated the application, it won't just start back up on it's own. Something triggered it, or it was on all the time but you just thought it was off. Do you have a keyboard shortcut to STEAM? Maybe some combination of keys, like START and S opens steam. Nope, not that combo (just tried)... anyway I doubt that's what happened. You obviously just didn't close the program, you only minimized it.
                  Maybe, that or my friend was the one on the PC before me and didn't realize STEAM was on. Even then, my password isn't saved.

Comment

its a tactic to make you play more hl2, less bf2, THEY"RE CONSPIRING!!!!

Comment

Had this so many times but with Anti-virus, Anti-spyware, I usually turn it off but often forget, then it freezes my game, to desktop and scans for viruses, or deletes spy cookies, then takes like 5 mins to get the game back up, having a death.

Comment

Originally posted by [AE]LoneWolf
                        its a tactic to make you play more hl2, less bf2, THEY"RE CONSPIRING!!!!
                        I thought that making a far less buggy game, and releasing new content for free was enough.

Comment

Hearing stuff like this makes me stop for a second and realize that although I keep having a ton of problems, that my computer must be doing something right because whenever stuff like this has happened to me it's never been a big deal. I had steam update once while in game and I just alt tabbed out, closed steam, and was back in before getting killed. Funny thing is, the only thing that's capable of crashing my computer right now is 3dMark06 lol. Later on tonight I'm going to add up how much my computer is worth compared to how much I paid. That should lead to a nice powerful depression =P

Comment

Long live the NON Steam gaming community !!!

Comment

Steam Blows Ass!

Comment

Working...
                              X