• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Outrageous Pings

Have you updated Punkbuster lately?

Comment

remember its College connection, though its very fast there will be more ping if there is alot of peeps using it

Comment

Originally posted by FLIPINOMAD
        remember its College connection, though its very fast there will be more ping if there is alot of peeps using it
        Definitely. But I'd still say to check for PB updates, it can't really hurt. When I'm out of date with PB it has always lead to connection lag issues.

Comment

yeh update ur PunkBuster, it will definatly help as well, and turn off any background programs as well

Comment

well so far i have done the following

uninstall and reinstall bf2
            patch to 1.21
            uninstall, clean, then install new omega catalyst drivers
            update punkbuster
            and some other misc stuff associated with settings and options

this is really starting to annoy me, cause EA has realeased numerous patches and these problems are just unacceptable. this is ridiculous

and oh yea, it's definately not the connection, even if it is congested, i still get awesome ping in every other game at all times of the day.

Comment

I, too, am at University of Maryland, and I have the same problems. I have also noted that I still get great ping in other games.

I've also done the steps he's listed, but to no avail.

Comment

gotta love this patch. i wish everyone would just revert back to 1.12, or maybe they could actually release a patch that works.

Comment

You need to contact the ISP admin (usually on campus) and tell them the ports for BF2, they might be going through a packet shaper which takes away precious bandwidth from the game you wish to play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X