Help me out guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me out guys

I have just purchased BF2, and installed everything. So I click on the icon, ready to play. It seems to load fine but then the screen turns black and it goes back to the desktop, and terminates the BF2 process.

Is it a damn patch? Can I fix this? I don't want to shell out 50 bucks for something that doesn't work.

Re: Help me out guys

1...don't click play now...2... install bf2...reboot...install patches...reboot. Find a server with a low ping....click join now....pray.

If that doesn't work...lower all settings to low...

last but not least...want help? Post your computer specs...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. ADHD
      1...don't click play now...2... install bf2...reboot...install patches...reboot. Find a server with a low ping....click join now....pray.

If that doesn't work...lower all settings to low...

last but not least...want help? Post your computer specs...
      I'm GUESSING this is what you're lookeing for... But thanks for the help, I'll try that.

System Information
      ------------------
      Time of this report: 3/13/2006, 17:17:17
      Machine name: DIVINNA
      Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
      Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
      System Manufacturer: ECS
      System Model: M907V12
      BIOS: Version 07.00T
      Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.40GHz
      Memory: 376MB RAM
      Page File: 267MB used, 638MB available
      Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
      DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
      DX Setup Parameters: Not found
      DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

Okay... I downloaded the patch, but it gives me an error "You need battlefield 2 installed! blah blah blah" I just ****ing installed it!

Comment

ok first thing, you need more RAM. you have 376Mb of it, you need AT LEAST 512MB to play, trhat will cause a CTD (crash to desktop), the only other things is, what video card are you using?

You can find this out by going...

Start menu => Run => type in "dxdiag" (without quotes) then go to display, what does it say as the device name?

Comment

Originally posted by Blak_Pheonix_MB
          ok first thing, you need more RAM. you have 376Mb of it, you need AT LEAST 512MB to play, trhat will cause a CTD (crash to desktop), the only other things is, what video card are you using?

You can find this out by going...

Start menu => Run => type in "dxdiag" (without quotes) then go to display, what does it say as the device name?
          Oh, dang... How much will this cost me to get more ram?

Comment

depends how much you want.. also did you find out which video card you have, a that may be a bigger problem. But for another 256MB (the least amount you would need) it shouldnt be more than $40.

Comment

If you want best performance get at least 1 gig.

What's your graphics card by the way? I didn't see it on the list there.

Comment

also, what Graphics card you have? and yes,more ram.

Comment

I must admit, i havnt heard of BF2 CTD because of ram, ive only heard that hapen if the vid card isnt up to the minimum requirements.

Comment

Same thing happned to me ... Installed bf2 fine ... all patches are now installed ... and when i click play online now ... just black screen and desktop ... the wierd thing is ... I had bf2 dl'd just yesterday and it worked fine. Today I cleared my system and reinstalled it ... now i have nothing .... wish i could figure it out cuz i have plenty memory and graphics card is 1337 and processor pwnz .... wtf

Comment

Working...
                    X