Question about Hit Indicator!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Hit Indicator!

I am desperate to overcome the occasional lag that effects my BF2 gameplay, and was wondering whether the hit indicator should occur with every weapon? The only weapon I get even a slight indication of accuracy is the zoomed AT (the circumference of the sight glows red).
    So to cut a long story short, should I expect a hit indicator with every weapon (to both indicate hit and receipt of enemy fire), because I never know A) whether I've actually hit the enemy until they die and b) from what direction the enemy fire has made contact (unless I visually see the bullet tracers).
    I put it down to the fact that my machine is low spec and the result of my settings being on low!
    Can someone shine any light on this for me?

Re: Question about Hit Indicator!

All weapons, including all vehicles, have hit indicators (unless you're playing on a server that has hit indicators turned off, in which case no weapons will have them, not even AT rockets). If my ping is high and/or I'm lagging sometimes the hit indicator will not flash, but otherwise it always flashes when a hit is scored. It even flashes if you call in artillery and then go back to your in-game view while it's hitting/killing people.

~Wolfgang

Comment

Thanks Wolfgang!!

I'm pretty sure that even on single player mode the Hit Indicator isn't flashing! Maybe it's something to do with my low spec pc then?
      Does having most of the ingame visual settings on low turn off the Hit Indicator?

Comment

I never get hit indicators with sniper rifles.

Comment

the AT hit indicator is not the red circumference. That is merely the locking on guidance status. When it isnt glowing you did not hold down fire and are not on any surface.

the hit indicator is the same as all other weapons. A cursor (cross hairs) coloured cross appears if the rocket hit its target.

Comment

Judging by replies, my Hit Indicator must not be active!! I have checked my visual settings and adjusted my crosshairs, and I still don't have any sort of Hit Indicator!
            Will be interesting when I upgrade from 5900xt to 7800 gtx whether that has any affect on this!! I'll post my findings as and when I find out!

Comment

Working...
            X