Mine Laying Mojo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine Laying Mojo

Yesterday I had a fantastic squad leader - dammit I should have gotten the name grrr... He always selected support, I always took engineer. I would jump in the open back of the jeep and he would take me touring with me dropping mines. We would cordon off sections of the city bringing the opponent armor to a standstill while our tanks/apcs and infantry cleared block by block. On a pub server, that was a sweet feeling to end with over 200 tickets. In the communities opinion, is this an exploit - would I get banned for continuing this practice?

Re: Mine Laying Mojo

Originally posted by slayerdog99
    Yesterday I had a fantastic squad leader - dammit I should have gotten the name grrr... He always selected support, I always took engineer. I would jump in the open back of the jeep and he would take me touring with me dropping mines. We would cordon off sections of the city bringing the opponent armor to a standstill while our tanks/apcs and infantry cleared block by block. On a pub server, that was a sweet feeling to end with over 200 tickets. In the communities opinion, is this an exploit - would I get banned for continuing this practice?
    Sounds like a rare example of people working together to me. Now all you need is a sniper in the Humvee/Vodnik with you and you'll be able to slow infantry down too. A spec ops guy could work too. The only people considering it an exploit would probably be those whom you killed using this tactic. By no means is it an exploit.

Comment

What time yesterday? And was it on Trinitygaming.com MOJO DOJO?

Comment

Played on three servers over most of the day. May have been =DD= server. I will need to check the server favorites when I get home.

Comment

It seems as though you are asking if continuasly dropping landmines from the back of a vodnik is an exploit? Is it because the squad leader kept resupplying you?

As far as I know, there is a limit as to how many landmines you can place at one time. I haven't played BF2 in ages, so I'm not sure if this has changed, or if there even was one.

So in short: No.

Comment

Max of 6 land mines per person at any time. Max of 2 claymores at any time.

Don't think it can be abused after the 1.21 patch. Your driver was getting a crap load of resupply points off of you though. Some may consider that point farming.

Comment

Originally posted by Holle
              Trinitygaming.com MOJO DOJO?
              Great Pub Server. Lot's of good team players on Mojo Dojo.

What is thier Clan site do you know Holle? Anybody?

Edit: Never mind found it.

Comment

Originally posted by dogboy71
                Great Pub Server. Lot's of good team players on Mojo Dojo.

What is thier Clan site do you know Holle? Anybody?

Edit: Never mind found it.

Here you go

Comment

a great example of teamwork and strategy. this is how the game is intended to be played.

mashtuur is an excellent map for this kind of humvee work. i prefer it to karkand every time.

Originally posted by zhpkiller
                  Max of 6 land mines per person at any time. Max of 2 claymores at any time.

Don't think it can be abused after the 1.21 patch. Your driver was getting a crap load of resupply points off of you though. Some may consider that point farming.
                  if they split hairs then they can stay on this forum debating it all day instead of playing or complaining about it.

seriously, he probly only got 20 or so teampoints, and for helping his team.

its like saying that if you take advantage of your team sucking and revive 10 dead people a minute that thats point farming.

Comment

You are right IntesivCareBear. I only scored close to 30 points. It was just nice to have the teamwork thing happen on a pub server and know this was a major reason why we did not get reamed by tanks and APCs.

Comment

Working...
                    X