Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV-Missiles

Erm... Just 2 questions:

1. After 1.21 do they still pass right through targets?

2. That alarm, I mean that thing that beeps and shows a red square; When will your targets hear/see it?

After firing the missile I guess it deactivates... In my opinion, it beeps while the gunner opens the TV-Camera and the target must be centered (in the small square)...

Re: TV-Missiles

No alarm is set off by aiming or fireing a tv missile...

That red alarm is your chopper beeing locked by AA or A2A from a plane...

Comment

yay noobs ftw.

Comment

The lazer guided bomber is the only one that gives indication to the tank you are trying to kill - I don't think the TV in the helo does. If so, I have never heard it....then again - I tend to be on the giving end of the TV instead of the receiving.

Comment

Originally posted by DooDaH
          I disagree

I beileive that if the chopper is in the square on the tv guided missile - that chopper's alarm WILL go off as if it's being locked onto. I have tested this.

Not sure if the tanks hear the alarm, but I know other heli's do.

Comment

No, the alarm will go on somehow.

I noticed once when I was in a tank... Alarm on... Then suddenly off... Then I died and realized the AH-1Z killed me.

That red alarm is your chopper beeing locked by AA or A2A from a plane...
            I know, you misunderstood me; I am not not talking about my chopper. I am talking about my enemies; the less they hear the less they will try to evade.

When you are in a tank, you will also hear the alarm. ATs (SRAW/Eryx), APC's, Laser-Guided missiles aiming at you will turn it on. I bet TV-Ms will do the same.

Oh, and another question... How would you rate the maneuverability/flexibility of the TV-Ms?

Before the 1.2 patch Havoc (Mi-28)'s TV-M was a bit "dodgy" or "buggy"... EA/Dice said it was fixed (1.2) but I think the other TV-Ms are still easier to use...

The AH-1Z's is the best IMO (maybe because the Z-10 is a little wider thus easier to hit in dogfights, but dunno)...

AH-1Z 9/10
            Z-10 8.9/10
            Mi-28 6/10

Comment

As far as I can tell, and I've probably had too much practice, all TV missiles react basically the same once you adjust to them. The only difference is that the Mi-28 HAVOC sometimes has a 'misfire', where you hear the missile shooting, but nothing comes out. Also, I've had random 'spaz attacks' with the AH-1Z, which I haven't had with any of the other choppers.

Personally, I prefer the AH-1Z for overall flight, due to the amazing handling of it, and the slightly thinner complexion which could be the difference between living and dying. For some maps though, the Mi-28 takes the lead with its explosive bullets (Sharqi is a good example of this). The Z-10 is pointless unless you're good at TV Guiding. The machine gun takes about 3 shots TO THE HEAD to kill someone.

To reply to the original author. Yes, they do ocassionally pass through targets, but not because of a bug, but due to lag. Your client sees the target slightly off where it is, and that can sometimes cause the missile to miss when it looks like it should have hit. Though I do admit I sometimes overshoot a chopper just slightly, and still get the kill, so lag does sometimes work in your favor. As for the lock, nobody really knows. You hear it go on and then off, though that cannot be tied to any specific event of the chopper (no, the square has nothing to do with it). Personally, I don't think you hear anything, as I've been in a tank only to be blown up by a chopper without any warning whatsoever.

~Salad

Comment

Vehicles get alarm when aimed at by TV missile, I have been in a tank facing a helicopter, alarm...bam TV missile in the face, and also many times have I been gunner, aimed at an enemy tank and seen him pop smoke.

Comment

Originally posted by PBAsydney
                  Vehicles get alarm when aimed at by TV missile, I have been in a tank facing a helicopter, alarm...bam TV missile in the face, and also many times have I been gunner, aimed at an enemy tank and seen him pop smoke.
                  QFT

But that doesn't matter you basically get less than one second of warning when facing a hellfire. So the tank driver basically has time to think who could be locking onto me before he dies. If the tankdriver is cautus enough to run as soon as hes locked on I'm not sure if theres enough time to get away. In any case the gunner has time to reaim the hellfire to the running man instead. It's a non-issue IMO.

Comment

I am totally stunned, to hear a clan member of mine confirm a TV missile lock alarm on a tank from a chopper...

I stand corrected...

I guess it happens so fast, the taget doesn't get a chance to fire smoke...

Beeing the chopper whore that I am though, I have never heard of an Alarm from an enemy chopper's tv on my chopper...

And I have a X-Fi card...

Comment

when the tvg time runs out the missile should just keep flying straight.

Comment

I dont think i have ever heard the alarm from a TV missile while in a chopper or a tank, although i dont use tanks often.

The Z10 gun is less powerful than the Cobras Saladfork ? I always thought it was more powerful . Are there any numbers around on the guns on choppers?

Comment

Working...
                        X