Idea for Future BF Franchise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea for Future BF Franchise

I've been reading a lot of people saying that they are "sick and tired of medics who revive them while still under fire."

When you're watching a war movie (e.g. Band of Brothers) and you see a soldier take a hit, what's the first thing that a medic or other squad member does? They pull them out of the heat of the battle before applying bandages, morphine, etc.

While a medic could conceivably work his magic out in the field, it's not in his- or his fallen comrade's best interest. I think this could be translated over to the BF world. A medic could still choose to heal/revive wounded soldiers in the midst of gunfire, but could also pull that soldier out of the fray first.

This added dynamic of being able to push/pull player models could further be translated to other objects within a standard BF map. Sand bags could be placed to help provide cover. Instead of a soldier carrying the bags, they could manipulate the bags that already exist at many of the bunkers into a more effective cover. Or broken down cars, wheelbarrows, etc. could further be used as makeshift roadblocks to slow enemy movement.

Discuss.

Re: Idea for Future BF Franchise

Good idea on the medic part, as for moving objects in the game, that would be great as long as that would include mounted machine guns, TOW sites and AA sites, make it the engineers job to move those items, so they can do the job they are supposed to do, instead of just running around with a wrench in their hands

Comment

I'm thinking that the reason they didn't implement something like this (movable objects and the like) is the same reason why they didn't implement destroyable objects. Takes too much processing power.

I'd love to see a soldier cowering around the corner of a building when a tank rolls up. The tank then proceeds to shell the building and that corner of the wall including the soldier behind it is simply vaporized. After a period of time (or maybe when the round is over), the object is then restored.

Comment

Originally posted by The Soup Nazi
        I'd love to see a soldier cowering around the corner of a building when a tank rolls up. The tank then proceeds to shell the building and that corner of the wall including the soldier behind it is simply vaporized. After a period of time (or maybe when the round is over), the object is then restored.
        Give it 2-3 years and your dreams will become reality or should that be virtual reality. I remember thinking how awesome it would be to play GTA in 3D and be able to walk around the city at ground level etc etc. Just be patient. Good things come to those who wait.

Back to topic cool idea. Would love to see it in the game. You see it happening in COD2 singleplayer but its all scripted so doesn't really count!

Comment

Yeah and when you find a server that would give you enough time to do all that crap let me know, because the game is way to fast paced to be able to all that ******** without being killed first.

Comment

Working...
          X