I am being punished -- Punkbuster..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am being punished -- Punkbuster..

Anyone ever had this message from punkbuster?

"Muddyfunster has been kicked via punkbuster ( for 0 mins )
    Restriction: Blocked O/S Priveleges 508:430"

I have no idea what it means. I have had it before and did mutch tooing and frowing with the punkbuster staff who didnt know what it was either..

It went by itself last time after about 5 days..

I am begining to get so bitter about this game. So many problems so little solutions

I just wish it was like the first month I had the game. Not one single problem. Everything was fun...

Now its just a chore.

G.

Re: I am being punished -- Punkbuster..

Firewall? If not .. then try updating your PB client. www.evenbalance.com

Comment

you must have admin rights on your pc

Comment

If your problem isn't covered/solved in the PB BF2 FAQ here:

I keep getting kicked by PunkBuster for "Blocked O/S Privileges"?

Please temporarily disable other security type programs you have running such as anti-virus, process guard, SDProtector, etc. to find out which of them is blocking PB's access to resources on your computer. You either need to run PB without the blocking program(s) or play on non-PB servers. Also make sure you run the game under an Administrator or equivalent account under Windows. If you do have access an admin account, you can right click on the application you want to run and select "Run As". This will allow you to give admin access to that program and should allow you to play with a limited user.

I keep getting kicked by PunkBuster for "Insufficient O/S Privileges"?

Download and run this file from any location, it will check for adware that stops you from being able to play on PB servers. The VX2 adware edits your user rights when it infects your computer, and many programs do not repair this when they remove it.

Click the "Find VX2.betterinternet info" button to make sure that you don't have this adware. If there are no files listed, go on to the last step. If you find the adware files, (it is usually 3 random named dll files) Select all the files found.

Press 'Delete These Files'. The program will delete all files but one that will be deleted on reboot. Allow program to reboot. Once Restarted:

* Press 'Guardian.reg'.
        * Press 'User Agent'.
        * Press 'Restore Policy'.

Clicking on "find vx2.BetterInternet info" again should show all fields blank.
        If you have no adware files, just click on the "Restore Policy" Button
        ..and updating doesn't help, then try opening a support ticket here:

..and give as much info as possible, including error codes etc.

Comment

Originally posted by BadLizzard
          you must have admin rights on your pc
          I am having admin issues.. but im not sure what to do about it..

recently my pc changed itself when i press ctrl alt del the box is different

it gives me more options.. i now have to log on instead of the pc going straight to windows.

I didnt tell it to do it and i dont know how to undo it

I had ago with the software in the next post but it found no files. I have already started a ticket back in febuary when this happened once before.. PB couldnt come up with a solution and eventually it stopped happening. I jsut forgot about it.

Now its started happening again i found the old ticket locked due to inactivety. I started a new one but ive had no reply.

anyway.. more info on sorting the admin issue i have would would be greatfull.

G.

Comment

Working...
          X