Hi All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi All

First Post! Anyways I stumbled across this forum yesterday while I was researching for a mod I intend to make. Feeling somewhat inspired I downloaded 3DStudioMax 5 and knocked out this;

Took about 2 hours to get that far, in case you didn't recognise it, its the start of a Mark II Viper from Battlestar Galactica, its my first model so don't take the p*** to much. Obviously I'm just getting to grips with the basics of Max and infact Modding for that matter.

Now my question is this; I intend to just make all my vehicle models in a similar mannor to this (but obviously textured) for my first release, I dont intend for the first release to be perfect but would like these "placeholder" models in order for me to better test my ideas, do you think this would be acceptable? I'd rather actually just get something out the door before polishing so I can start getting feedback?

To many mods these days seem to never get released

Thankyou for your time.

Re: Hi All

Howdy, welcome to the forums! Looks good, have you considered donating your idea to the Surreal Mod Team? I bet they would consider using your model in the mod.

Comment

Re: Hi All

Originally posted by [WCC]mrbucket
      Howdy, welcome to the forums! Looks good, have you considered donating your idea to the Surreal Mod Team? I bet they would consider using your model in the mod.
      Im going to have a crack at releasing my own Mini-Mod as it were to start with, however is this is unattainable I don't mind offloading the models etc to another team.

Tweaked it a little bit - looks a little better. Texturing complex models is a nightmare in Max, should I making multiple texture files for one model, or should I have it all mapped on to one large image? 2048 x 1024 is the texture size for this on the jets already in the game I noticed. Any good tutorials around that give better pointers with regaurd to texturing complex objects?

Comment

Working...
      X