Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance Has Decreased

Hi,

Since this latest patch 1.21, my performance in game had dropped significally, im not only able to play @ 1280x1024 with everything on low & im still only averaging a 40fps, previously to this patch i was able to play all on medium & 2xaa, doing this now is unplayable.

PS the reason im using 1280x1024 is my LCD native resolution looks best.

Re: Performance Has Decreased

I am the opposite the patch before 1.21 made the game nearly impossible to play but the 1.21 patch has restored my peformance to what it was when first rleased

Comment

cheers for the input, but in what way does this help me?

Comment

Moved to Support.

Comment

looks like your processor is underpowered... a 256 vid card would help too, you have plenty of ram. all the information the patches added to the game might be a bit much for your processor maybe?

im just thinking on the keyboard

Comment

a 6600gt and a 2600xp barton isnt really the best. as those resolutions id say, yes, 40 fps is about right. though I do belive that you were able to play at medium before. theres nothing you can do sorry.

Comment

Seeing as no one mentioned it (and you didn't say if you did or not), go to

C:\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache

and delete everything you find there, will be a folder(s) that look something like this,

{D7B71E3E-43B1-11CF-0C57-5A1103C2CB35}_2716_2

That is where the game stores the optimized shader info, which everytime you make a setting change in game or install new drivers or patch the game, it re-optimizes. Get enough of them in there and it will drag performance into the toilet.

Comment

Working...
              X