Happy with the patch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy with the patch!

Now that I have played some solid hours of 1.21 I can say that I am happy with the patch.
    The At weapon hits when suposed to hit, no sound bugs, AA works fine for me (allready shot down some planes and helos).
    And suprisingly no new bugs added (at least none that i heard of).
    The rest of the problems that BF2 has are no show stoppers for me and I am thouroughly enjoying this game again .

Re: Happy with the patch!

Yea, I think they did a great job with the 1.21 patch. Cant wait for the EuroForces to come out Wed.

Comment

well...I NEVER saw the Red/Blue bug playing many hours in 1.2, but after installing 1.21....guess what. Now I have seen it 4 times in the last two days.

SUXXORZ

Comment

yes 1.21 didnt fix everything it said it would but it certainly helped... anyone who says otherwise probably just likes to complain

Comment

Yeah what ^ he said.

Comment

I agree. Played for hours and hours and......well you know......and the AA is great. Jets and helos better take out the AA firs or have a sniper watching them as what was happening on Wake

Comment

Originally posted by JDSENT
              yes 1.21 didnt fix everything it said it would but it certainly helped... anyone who says otherwise probably just likes to complain
              Well for it taking them that long to make the patch, it wasn't worth it. I still see claymores everywhere, I still can't hear the overpowered PKM firing 2 feet behind me with his friend in the vodnik, the J10 is invinceable, people are still Red/Blue bugging, AT Rocket still goes through vehicles (I won't blame this patch for that though, been happening since it came out.), and spec ops, snipers and engineers still can't pick up their c4, claymores and mines.

I usually don't complain, but this was the most meaningless patch in any game I've ever played.

Comment

Originally posted by BigHAZE
                well...I NEVER saw the Red/Blue bug playing many hours in 1.2, but after installing 1.21....guess what. Now I have seen it 4 times in the last two days.

SUXXORZ
                Isn´t this bug a myth?
                Ok just joking...I have seen very rarely this bug...and saw it once yesterday...Hope that you and me have just been unlucky.

Comment

Originally posted by BasherTarr
                  spec ops, snipers and engineers still can't pick up their c4, claymores and mines.
                  engineers can. use the wrench :P

Comment

Originally posted by grena
                    Isn´t this bug a myth?
                    Ok just joking...I have seen very rarely this bug...and saw it once yesterday...Hope that you and me have just been unlucky.
                    This is just silly. At first the red/blue name bug was maybe on one guy everyonce in a while, but people flipped out about it. Granted, this game should function normally, and correctly, but you must admit, with so much going on, isnt it ok for a bug or two? So they try to touch up this red/blue bug, solve it, and actually MADE IT FECKING WORSE!!!!!!!!!:laugh: I was playing Karkand the other day, and saw a guy "XXez" his name was red, so i pop him a few times until i get a team damage warning, and he doesnt try to kill me, so i figure ok, he has the bug. Then the UAV goes off overhead, its hitting him as enemy, showing him as a red blip, then i see 3 more red blips, ALL OF THEM ARE MY TEAM MATES!!!! 4 of my team mates had the bug, all red name. When they would kill someone from the other team, it would be listed in the killbox as TEAMKILLS, bug they would not incurr a negative score. So i look at the score tab, and they are even listed on the enemy team.

Have you ever heard the statement, "if it isnt broke dont fix it"? I feel that the bug officially wasnt severe, but simply an "issue" that should have been adressed. They should have done a little better investigation into the problem before just digging in, and tweaking stuff, because now, it has become worse. Anyne seen more than 4 team members with the bug? I wasnt the only one to notice this problem either, a lot of people in the server were complaining.:laugh:

Comment

IMO they should've spent more time on fixing the Red/Blue bug, it's one of the worst ones in the game. The sound bug is still there too and is annoying as hell, but it's not as bad as getting a teamkill and -1 ticket for a stupid bug.

Comment

I posted "angrily" at the patch when it was released, but I realized I was at fault simply because the servers I had played on were European, and although my pings weren't overly high, the latency must still have been prominent for my experience.

I played for several hours with the patch on friday night, and it seemed OK on my usual servers that I play on...

I did however notice that the sound bug is still there, I had some guy two feet from me hitting me with a G36C and did not hear a thing. As for the red/blue tag problem, I can say that it is indeed still a bug.

I don't know about the AT rockets, but I did notice a change in its behavior when locking on to a helicopter, it practically leads itself.

The AA still do those spiral attacks to hit the flying vehicles, but I guess that's to be expected with their AA coding.

It was good to try the patch on a playable server.

PEACE

Comment

One thing I noticed more often, including the Red/Blue tag, is getting kicked out of the game to Widows.

IT's never happened before and then yesterday 3 times I'm setting up a squad then I'm looking at my wall paper. I gotta a nice wall paper so it's not so bad but I was going for a knife badge so it was a bit frustrating.

But I noticed that it does it most often when you hit the "insert" key to auto setup a squad.

Welll at least I got the badge. I also Noticed that the Essex AA is Practically Worthless lately as I was shooting point Black at a Chopper with missles post Flare dump and it coming staight on no menuvering and missed ever time after Lock on.

My advice to Pilots when ecountering Essex AA don't move alot or the AA will notice you.

Comment

Red tag bug has got alittle bit better from patch1.2 My last night of playing patch 1.2 I also saw 4 team mates as RED, and I wasnt moving from the flag...who knows how many more I would of seen if I mooched around the map.

AA is useless on jets... I now use my pistol instead

Comment

I too am overall pretty happy with the patch. My performance has increased, and (at least for me) I haven't experienced any of the bugs that everyone keeps claiming are still around. As far as overall balance goes, the game has changed a bit, but it's nothing I haven't been able to adapt to. I'm pretty much a jack of all trades (master of none ), so I haven't felt like any part of how I play BF2 has been "nerfed" or whatnot. Overall I'm still in love!

Comment

Working...
                              X