Taking out assets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking out assets

if you are like me, and play spec ops and take out commanders assets, so you think we get enough points for blowing the assets up?

i feel that one point per asset is not good enough, which is why most people decide to use c4 for other purposes.

how about:
    2 points per artillery
    3 points for UAV and satellite?

anyone else agree?

Re: Taking out assets

Not really.

The tacitcal advantage you get for blowing up assets should be enough to motivate you to do it. I don't like how so many people who play this game seem so worried about earning points/stats that they forget to just have fun.

Comment

In version 1.0 of BF2 spec-ops got zero points for blowing the assets up.

Asking for 3 points to blow something up in a few seconds isn't going to get nice replies from the engineers who have to crank away for 30 before they get a repair point

Comment

Besides... I want 4 points for taking out asshats.

Seems only fair, since killing them is a much greater service to everyone involved.

Comment

I can't see how points would really motivate anyone to blow up my arty unless they were a stat wh0re.
          In version 1.0 specops gor f'all for trashing commander toys, but it still happened almost every round.

Comment

Yeah, I can't see complaining about points for destroying command assets when other kits get no special points, and the engineer takes a lot of wrenching to get his points. If anything, all kits should have ways to get team points that are specific to their kit...such as a sniper getting points for spotting enemies. Also, I think that you should get a team point or two extra when killing the commander.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
              Besides... I want 4 points for taking out asshats.

Seems only fair, since killing them is a much greater service to everyone involved.
              couldnt have been said better my friend.

BTW: didnt you get points for destroying Arty in 1.0? I dont remember, but I think you did, you just didnt get it recognized on your screen, but I could be wrong.

Comment

As a vetern spec ops, I thougt the same thing, but the reward for dismantling the assets if good enough and the points are just a bonus. Too bad you could not get points for blowing up a bridge, but it is a tactical manuever.

Comment

No,you did not get any points for destroying assets in retail BF2
                  that was introduced in version 1.03

Comment

agreed, if you need points to do something that'll help your team win, you have a problem and are prolly playing the wrong game.

Hell, wish I got a "kill damage assist" for every tank I popped with 1-2 AT rockets before a helo, tank, or w/e took it out.... The fact that I don't get a point won't stop me from shooting at them

Comment

Working...
                    X