Few good admins, and tons of assholes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few good admins, and tons of assholes

I started a round on Mashtur City and got the commander spot. Two seconds later, there is a kick vote against me, because the clan that owns the server wants their friend to command. I'm like, relax guys the game just started and you've been commanding probably for the past 20 rounds, give me a chance. Another two seconds later they kick me with "get your own server". Another 15 minutes lost at a wrong server.

Re: Few good admins, and tons of assholes

A lot of clans assume that just because it's their server they should be the most dominant of everyone. Most don't bother to think about the public they're serving.

Comment

Well. They must have gotten to you, if you come and post about it in the Forums.

Next time, if it happends again, do what I do: Go run a mile, or beat up a tree.

Comment

Better yet find a BF2 Server Network/Community you like and stick with them. Its way easier to sit down for an hour and have fun. You start playing with the same people, and you have a lot more fun in less time.

Comment

Very few clan servers are well-adminned, and when folks get banned, it's usually from clan-run shops.

There are a lot of generic reasons why:
          1. Most members of the clan are also admins, not because they're mature, smart people, but because they're in the clan and automatically get the powers
          2. Compared to a handful of dedicated admins, clan members = more people to potentially p1ss off, increasing the likelihood of a kick
          3. Most clans have a certain elitist personality to them (though it varies), and will be more sensitive if you kill them a lot
          4. Clan members will often gossip and b1tch amongst themselves if someone is doing too well, and this "negative buzz" results in a swifter kick than if a single, lone admin were to evaluate the situation objectively

This applies to most clans, but not all.

Comment

Go run a mile, or beat up a tree.
            HAHAHA man, my endurance level is like the guys in battlefield. After I run 30 feet I have to slow down for a long breath, too.

Comment

Originally posted by topdogger
              Better yet find a BF2 Server Network/Community you like and stick with them. Its way easier to sit down for an hour and have fun. You start playing with the same people, and you have a lot more fun in less time.
              Good advice.
              I used to always play DCX at the WWX clan server. They were decent guys, not sure if theyre running bf2 though, Not in my ping range in the browser anyways.

Comment

The nerve of these people that spend money each month to rent a server; they're acting like they pay the cost to be the boss.

Comment

IF you're team minded and can follow a couple (reasonable) house rules, I'd point ya at the R2 server.

House rules:
                  - Commander's don't fly. Resign or be kicked.
                  Simple enough. We like competent commanders that do their jobs
                  - No Uncap base raping until all other flags are taken. This includes artillery and airspace. It's a reasonable balance between just saying No uncap camping and free-for-all.
                  - Don't be a tool. Act like a arse and you'll be treated like one.

Admins are very reasonable. Warnings are given as a rule before people get kicked. Bans are fairly rare (you have to be really annoy folks to get banned without a history of being a problem) and even then, bannies are welcome to discuss the issue on the boards.

VOIP working well and at max quality. You can rest assured that if you have mic problems on there, it's your end.

Battle Recorder is also set up and working properly with the community tab, so you can go back and re-live the glory of your action-hero moments.

One problem... it's virtually always full.

IP: 209.160.40.25
                  More info at: http://r2clan.com/index.php

Comment

Originally posted by Cornbread Mafia
                    The nerve of these people that spend money each month to rent a server; they're acting like they pay the cost to be the boss.
                    :laugh: :laugh: That gave me a good laugh.

Comment

When you're playing as a clan on your server it is very preferable to have one of your own command. If for no other reason than you'll all be on comms together.

However, we would NEVER kick someone for commanding. That's just being completely disrespectful of the people who come to play with you.

Comment

Originally posted by govedob
                        I started a round on Mashtur City and got the commander spot. Two seconds later, there is a kick vote against me, because the clan that owns the server wants their friend to command. I'm like, relax guys the game just started and you've been commanding probably for the past 20 rounds, give me a chance. Another two seconds later they kick me with "get your own server". Another 15 minutes lost at a wrong server.
                        You should report them to BF2RS. Or from now on play on any server admined by BF2RS...ex...Comcast, Euro, Nvidia...we activly monitor and admin these servers. They are all also super fast and lag free.

Comment

Originally posted by Disposablehero10
                          You should report them to BF2RS. Or from now on play on any server admined by BF2RS...ex...Comcast, Euro, Nvidia...we activly monitor and admin these servers. They are all also super fast and lag free.
                          Can you give me some IP addresses or what the server name starts with?

Comment

Originally posted by Enz0
                            Can you give me some IP addresses or what the server name starts with?
                            Yes, read my post at the "stupidest reason for being kicked" thread.

Comment

Working...
                            X