for those who have stuttering probs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for those who have stuttering probs

Hey some folk not all,do not clear their prefetch files and defrag regularly. Well this does help drasticly especially after loading patches or new programs or games. I use a fix it utility that clears registry errors and defrags to optimize hard drive . Although youll have to manually get rid of prefetch files. Heres how, Go to start right click bring up menu select RUN then type in prefetch it brings up all the files cluttering things up then select all and delete. Your done. I know alot of folks know this but alot do not. Good luck and i hope this helps someone. It helps with laggy type issues and loading.

Re: for those who have stuttering probs

thanks, it helped.

Comment

Originally posted by FMC-VLAD
      Hey some folk not all,do not clear their prefetch files and defrag regularly. Well this does help drasticly especially after loading patches or new programs or games. I use a fix it utility that clears registry errors and defrags to optimize hard drive . Although youll have to manually get rid of prefetch files. Heres how, Go to start right click bring up menu select RUN then type in prefetch it brings up all the files cluttering things up then select all and delete. Your done. I know alot of folks know this but alot do not. Good luck and i hope this helps someone. It helps with laggy type issues and loading.
      I've defragged before and it has never had an effect on any game, past or present. I just bought 1GB of ram so I now have 1.5GB of ram and I can run BF2 with absolutly no stuttering. The only fix for the stuttering problem is more ram.

Comment

True more ram helps but defragging and prefetch also helps, a computer geek told me years back and i use it regularly to keep things smooth. This post is for those who cant afford ram like us or can barely play or just have no idea. Good luck folks. Just trying to help.

Comment

I did not know that, I'll have to look into that.
          Thanks

Originally posted by bitvomit
          I've defragged before and it has never had an effect on any game, past or present. I just bought 1GB of ram so I now have 1.5GB of ram and I can run BF2 with absolutly no stuttering. The only fix for the stuttering problem is more ram.
          I found defragging had a major effect with BF1942 where the sound files were always installed badly fragmented.

Comment

You bet also i left out clearing your internet cookies and history also down load adaware se and spybot search and destroy . Keep your computer clean of all adaware. Thats why i have an internet computer and a gaming one, strickly for gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by |D|-Crazycanuck
              I did not know that, I'll have to look into that.
              Thanks

I found defragging had a major effect with BF1942 where the sound files were always installed badly fragmented.
              My HD is almost 76% fragmented. I honestly do not notice a difference between my factory install performence and now. I used to defrag religiously a long time ago and never noticed much of a difference. Only thing I can really think of that fragmentation would severely impact performence in is your page file and since I have 1.5GB of ram, I also have it disabled

Comment

I stutter once in awhile, but usually only when i am nervous.

Comment

'Scuse the ignorrence, but exactly what is Prefetch, and how would it play a role in increasing performance?

Anyway, I searched em up, and deleted all the files. Going ingame to see if it did anything.

Comment

Thanks, I was not aware of this. Ill test it out tommorow and see if it did anything.

Comment

Didn't know about prefetch thing..Thank's

Comment

'prefetch' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
                        operable program or batch file.

No matter, I just deleted them from C:\Windows\Prefetch\

There was only 63 files in there?

Comment

You are CERTAIN there won't be anything derogatory happen if I delete the stuff in the prefetch folder????

There has been lots of "not so great" advice on these forums.

Comment

Nothing bad will happen but I can't see how it would affect bf2 in any way.
                            Defragging can be usefl yes, but prefetch , browser history and cookies should have ****-all to do with running a game.

Comment

I just tried this.. I didnt help me I still stutter.. the most annoying thing is it doesnt start for about 3 minutes

thanks for the info though.. I'll try anyhting.

G.

Comment

Working...
                              X