Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falling into the water from high altitude

Is very odd...

I bailed out of a fighter on Gulf of Oman, fell into the open sea, and realized that my movement was incredibly slow. I suicided, thinking it was a feature to stop some odd type of abuse. Then, on Zatar Wetlands, I jumped out of a helicopter from a lower, but still dangerous altitude, into a river, and guess what happened? Same thing, but this time, I was close to shore. So for the next two and a half minutes, I swam to land at an agonizingly slow pace, and my reward, you ask? Instant death upon contact with land.

Is this an undocumented feature, bug, or something DICE refuses to admit? :-/

Re: Falling into the water from high altitude

Originally posted by J3p
    Is very odd...

I bailed out of a fighter on Gulf of Oman, fell into the open sea, and realized that my movement was incredibly slow. I suicided, thinking it was a feature to stop some odd type of abuse. Then, on Zatar Wetlands, I jumped out of a helicopter from a lower, but still dangerous altitude, into a river, and guess what happened? Same thing, but this time, I was close to shore. So for the next two and a half minutes, I swam to land at an agonizingly slow pace, and my reward, you ask? Instant death upon contact with land.

Is this an undocumented feature, bug, or something DICE refuses to admit? :-/
    Happened to me too one time when I bailed from a BH that barely got off the carrier on oman. Sounds like a bug to me.

Comment

I think it stupid that you can fall from any distance into water and still live, I bailed out of an uncontrollable jet one time...fell 5 minutes and hit the water and only lost maybe 4 bars.

Comment

Also on the subject of height induced deaths, try falling to your death from a ladder, and get back on just as you land. You're dead, but you can go up and down on the ladder...

Comment

that has happened to me a few times
          by another thing i have noticed is the swimming in Special Forces. is it just me or does my soldier see to be an olympic speed swimmer in SF? i think EA speed up swimming in SF

Comment

Your second scenario is easily explained:

You cheated death by falling into the water, so God queued you to die when you finally ran into land.

Comment

That sounds like a bug, never seen it before.

But, my question is how is it possible to surivive a fall from a 1000ft into the ocean?

Comment

Originally posted by poisonsoul
                But, my question is how is it possible to surivive a fall from a 1000ft into the ocean?
                Two words:

Baggy pants.

Comment

Originally posted by poisonsoul
                  That sounds like a bug, never seen it before.

How is it possible for a claymore to distinguish between enemies and allies? Hah, your question is nullified!

Comment

Oh, ha ha a couple of smartasses

Comment

sounds like a bug to me

Comment

Originally posted by ||bfa||variable
                        Two words:

Baggy pants.
                        2 more words:
                        Uber Wegdey

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
                          2 more words:
                          Uber Wegdey
                          Which might explain the slow swimming that the OP mentioned.

Comment

Could also explain the instant death upon reaching land, after a wedgie i doubt you'd have the ability to have kids - perhaps his character realised this and suicided by himself!!

Comment

You think thats weird? On Wake, I bailed out of my JSF after seeing 5 missles comin my way from a J-10, and RIGHT when it blew up, I hit "E"... I fell, and it looked like it happened in fast forward or something.. I was 500 ft. in the air one second, then I ZOOMED to the ground, hit the ground (in between the airfield flag/buildings, and the north base AA {that one on the hill.. not the main one})... I was still able to move my mouse, but I had no crosshairs, and I couldn't move my person (like I could aim, but not shoot, or run) and it said "______ [J-10] XmetallicaXguitarstX".... so i'm like... wtf? So then... after like 30 seconds... It did something, and I thought I spawned... but no... I "spawned".... IN THE GROUND..... in between the north base, and the bridge seperating north base and north village... and I HAD crosshairs that time... but could still not move.. or shoot.

I was really confused.... after like.. 2 minutes, I FINALLY spawned back on the carrier.

Comment

Working...
                              X