ATI Radeon X1300 256mb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI Radeon X1300 256mb

Is there any issue swith this vid card?? But before that I tryed to play the BF2 Single Player side, and when I go and Lauch the game it just crashs to desktop. Waiting on the 1.21 to DL and then will try to play again.

-edit- ok I am patched to 1.21 and still BF2 crashes using X1300 Pro.

other specs (not sure if need anything else):
    Intel Pentium 4 3ghz
    1024mb ram
    Radeon X1300 Pro AGP 256mb (Recent Omega Drivers DLed them today)
    SB Audigy 2

Re: ATI Radeon X1300 256mb

Have you tried contacting EA through EA Support? They may be able to help: http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg...p_sid=LlCujk2i

Comment

i got an x1300 pro(returned my x1300) and it works fine

could be ur card...it could be defective?

Comment

Well this same crashing also happened with my Radeon 9600 128mb, so that is why I got the X1300 Pro thinking that it was my card. But Both of my cards plays all my other games, and the X1300 plays my other games beautifully.

Can this be caused by a defective game?? I think I will call my friends that have the game, and reinstall using thier disks and use my cd key. If that solves the problem then its the game, but not sure if that is what is causing the problem.

Also I have used the newest Omega drivers and then uninstalled that and used the ATI newest drivers, but still get the same problem. Reverting back to the Omega drives just because I like it better.

Comment

it's a long shot, but did you try and reinstall the game for any reason?

Comment

I have reinstalled and repatched when I had my old vid card and it still did not work. I have yet to do it with this card. I will do it as soon as I find my damn BF2 Manual that has the CD Key. I hate when I misplace those things.

Comment

You need to clean and re-install you video drivers. Grab the 6.3 drivers availble on ATI's website: http://www.ati.com/support

Also in the hardware forum read the sticky post on how to properly install new video drivers.

Comment

Ok screw BF2!!! I uninstalled the game, uninstalled Video Drivers and Sound Drivers, went into safe mode, used a Driver Cleaner Prog to completely wipe out the Vid and Sound drivers. I went back into normal mode, installed my vid and sound drivers, then reinstalled BF2 and repatch it to 1.21.

Now the flippin game will not let me get past the connecting to server after I put in my password for my account.

I have had it, damn thing is going out with me, I am going to skeet shoot the CDs and burn the case. So now I do not know what the heck is the problem with the damn game now.

Comment

Ok I fixed my problems with BF2 CTDing right after I launch into a server or lauch a single player game.

I guess for some reason I had a corrupted or damaged DirectX 9.0c. I reinstalled DirectX 9.0c and now I am playing with no problems.

Comment

Try updating your monitor drivers if u have any . Allways was the reason for my CTD

Comment

Originally posted by )-SiN-( Max666
                      Try updating your monitor drivers if u have any . Allways was the reason for my CTD
                      theres such thing as moniter drivers? WHAT THE ****!?

Comment

Originally posted by sackynut
                        theres such thing as moniter drivers? WHAT THE ****!?
                        My Lcd - http://www.viewsonic.com/products/de...xseries/vx924/

And the drivers - http://www.viewsonic.com/support/dri...rmName=monitor

Same thing on my Viewsonic Crt , No drivers = CTD

Comment

so how exactly do they work? I didnt know there was such a thing? do you really need them etc?

Comment

Do you need them, well it depends on your system i guess . As i said in my case i have to use them or i CTD . And you just install the updater not that hard , in some cases you have to manual update them .

Comment

Yea I have heard of drivers for monitors. Its wierd but they are out there. I think some deals with higher refresh for them or the sort. Not positive though.

Comment

Working...
                              X