Unlocks for a newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlocks for a newbie

Guys , after diving head first in to Battlefield and posting a few newbie questions i find that i have now been promoted to Lance Corporal and should have some unlocks availabe .

Will i only be able to use them on a server that supports unlocks or should i be able to use then everywhere ?

What unlocks are availabel to me as a Lance Corporal ?

This game is getting infectiuos and i found myself up till 5am ths morning , something i have never done in ten years of PC gaming .

Re: Unlocks for a newbie

You get one unlock, you select which one you unlock, you cannot change your mind after that, you can use it anywhere, BF2/SF/EF(when its here), not on singleplayer (unless theres a mod), and I think you can use it on unranked servers but haven't checked.

Comment

what Eternal-Souljah said...lol

if you want advice on what to pick, go with what kit you play most. Gives you a nice change to have a new gun. Don't ask which one is the best, because every one of the unlocks are good in their own ways, and bad in their own ways.

Comment

Also..even sometimes you have the points for the rank...however sometimes the system needs to update before you actaully get the rank...thefore the unlock. Also...you get two unlock for the rank technically one for BF2 and one for SF, but you can use both for regualr BF2 if you want.

Comment

What everyone here said. Think about which class you enjoy the most and go for that unlock. Just as an example the Sniper unlock (M95) is awesome you can shoot people out of helicopters but what if you don't like being a sniper you know? For the most part all of the unlocks are balanced.

One thing to add on what Disposablehero10 said, if you only have BF2 you get 1 unlock, if you also have the Special Forces Expansion you get an extra unlock.

Comment

Oh poo my son unlocked the auto shotgun for the abti tank player when he was playing single mode

Comment

hmm.. could have been better

Comment

the PKM and the G3 for most points, maybe the L96A1 for sniper def. not the P90 tho

Comment

Oh poo my son unlocked the auto shotgun for the abti tank player when he was playing single mode
                  Lol thats probably the worst tier 1 unlock.

Next time go pkm...

Comment

Oh well , my has been shott with the Gun now , oh well only 300 points to the next unlock . Sounds nothing for you guys , it prob a week's worth of play for me .

Comment

I find that the DAO-12 (AT unlock) is the most 'useful' of all the classes, it genuinely does give you a big advantage at short range compared to the SMGs.

At medium ranges the pistol is actually quite accurate and a capable sidearm, sure you will probably still get mowed down by assault rifles but then again the same would happen with an SMG.

The 2nd best unlock IMO is the PKM, it's the new 'uber' weapon of BF2, great for mowing down infantry.

Comment

get the PKM or G3

Comment

Pkm is nest on the list , but saying that i do like a bit of sniping as well

Comment

Originally posted by Harpoon84
                            I find that the DAO-12 (AT unlock) is the most 'useful' of all the classes, it genuinely does give you a big advantage at short range compared to the SMGs.

At medium ranges the pistol is actually quite accurate and a capable sidearm, sure you will probably still get mowed down by assault rifles but then again the same would happen with an SMG.

The 2nd best unlock IMO is the PKM, it's the new 'uber' weapon of BF2, great for mowing down infantry.
                            I disagree.....

patch 1.2's disabling shooting while jumping has effectively qualmed the DAO-NOOB.

EVERYone who used it jumped while doing so, and now that they cant...the gun is just not effective. A PKM makes shorter work of people in close range than the DAO-12 at this point.

I actually enjoy the SMG's now in the AT class....go figure.

Comment

i just got promoted to sergeant. i am trying to unlock the F2000. i have special forces and already unlocked the G3. any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                              X