How to fix Voice Stuttering problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to fix Voice Stuttering problem?

I just got myself a Audigy 1 OEM, installed it no problems.

Went into BF2 and set the audio options to "hardware", "high" and "EAX". Loaded up the game and all sounds are fine except the speech from the team messages (flag captured etc).

I searched around on the web a bit, and came across a number of audio fixes, so i've:

- replace the BF2OpenAL.dll file with the latest one from Creative
    - Downloaded and installed the YouP-PAX-Fiv2.31 drivers
    - Changed the values in the Sound.con file as someone on here suggested in another thread

And i've still got the stuttering problem!

Please tell me one of you guys can recommend something else to do? This is well annoying, as I only bought the new soundcard to make BF2 run better! Only running the sound in "Software" mode works otherwise.

Re: How to fix Voice Stuttering problem?

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? I have the same problem too with realtek high defintion audio (onboard). When I set my sound quality to hardware and high, it sounds awesome except for the radio chatter which sounds really messed up. I can run max audio settings on any other game and it runs and sounds just fine. Software sounds nice but there is a definite impact on sound quality. Hell, I can load up the ogg's for the menu/loading themes in winamp and they sound incredible.

Comment

Re: How to fix Voice Stuttering problem?

Sorry to hear you're suffering from the same problem mate.

I did find a "sort" of solution eventually. If you run the directX app in windows (go to Run then type dxdiag) you can suggest the accerelation level of your sound device. Moving mine from "Full" down to "standard" sorted the problem out.

There is a big "however" tho i'm afarid. The game did suffer from some odd audio cut outs occasionally for a while, and then a little after that my soundcard decided to freak out. The rear channels stopped working and I *think* it may have done something to my directX drivers.

I then tried moving the level back to "full" and oddly enough the stuttering problem did not appear again and the audio seemed fine. However the soundcard never regained its rear channels.

I'm quite certain though that is due to some wackiness due to the Creative Card. I decided just remove it and send it back (it was brand new) and get a Terratec card instead. I've not recieved it yet so can't comment on it. I got pretty great customer service from cclonline.co.uk if you decide to buy a card tho.

In short, try the dxdiag method, it may help, I know I didn't come across any other solutions, but there could be a small risk involved. (Although im 99% sure there isn't)

Hope it works out for you.

Comment

Working...
      X