BF2 Unable to Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Unable to Play

Hi, Ive just recently installed the latest 1.21 pacth form BF2, now not very many servers have got this patch, as on my server browser they mostly show as red, but ive managed to find a few with the latets version, but when i try them i get the, unmodified contect error, meaning i cannot play??

Re: BF2 Unable to Play

Did you try rebooting your pc?
    It happend to me to when I installed the patch there were only like a 100 servers.
    After reboot it worked fine got them all.

Comment

Reinstall patch and make sure you have the 'same version only' box selected in the browser.

Comment

done all the above & the filters done even friggin work, they never have worked. this is ********, i never thought id bitch about BF2, but here i am, fuk this game.

Comment

As far as i'm aware the unmodified content is patch related and arises when certain maps aren't patched properly (Some people are having problems with servers but the last time i got the 'revert back to the original version' blag it was down to certain maps and i could play on a server until a 'modified?!' map came up and i was dropped back to the server list. It's made even worse because the map loads then verifies and only when you'd jump into the game does it decide that you've ****ed about with it's code.) I had this on Kubra, Fushee and Karkand.
          I can only tell you what I did to solve it and that was a full re-install including SF and any mods you have, and then when you patch it (with 1.2 and 1.21 incremental) don't do anything on your PC like burning CD's or anything that could cause the patch to skip files, because that's what causes it (IMO:evil:). When it happened i just tried patching over the top of the patch but it kept stopping, telling me that it had found different versions of some files.
          Again, this may be wrong but it's what i found to work, just tryin to help the lad out cos unmodified content is annoying as hell!

Comment

Boxious, u say it like i have done sumthing to the game, i aint bin touching it. All i have been doing is updating the game when EZ/DICE bring out a new patch,. I have always used the incremental patches. This is just whores ass.

Comment

Make sure when you click the same version tab you press the 'apply filters' button.

Comment

Originally posted by =TBS=Tonic
                Hi, Ive just recently installed the latest 1.21 pacth form BF2, now not very many servers have got this patch, as on my server browser they mostly show as red, but ive managed to find a few with the latets version, but when i try them i get the, unmodified contect error, meaning i cannot play??
                if you have renamed your BF2.EXE file dont forget to RErename it befor patching !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by =TBS=Tonic
                  Boxious, u say it like i have done sumthing to the game, i aint bin touching it. All i have been doing is updating the game when EZ/DICE bring out a new patch,. I have always used the incremental patches. This is just whores ass.
                  :cry:No i didn't! What i missed out was that it came about all of a sudden too, after updating the game. It doesn't matter that you 'aint bin' touching it it's just a bug of some kind and if you've tried all the other possibilities then i recommend doing what i did. I had it for about a week and it drove me mad!

Comment

Take off some filters. I still think if you have 6 or more filters it doesn't filter properly. Use only the filters you absolutely need and have same version checked.

I guarantee our server is updated to 1.21 and everybody seems to connect fine and have no problems, if in doubt use our server to test for guaranteed 1.21, if you can get in that is.

Also try patching with the full 1.21 patch and not the incremental, I know some have had trouble with the incremental version.

Good luck.

Comment

You lucky nut. My gfx card is broken and I have to fall back on my olden one. No BF2 for ME!

Comment

Working...
                      X