Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with 1.21 patch

ok i just downloaded it off EA and installed it

it was installed successfully but when i run the game, servers are all red and says i got the older version than the server

help? installed like 3 times already but still not working

thx

Re: Help with 1.21 patch

Download this one HERE and install it, see what happens

Comment

dam it had me wait in line for 7 min for nothing LOL

i don't need full 370mb patch

i have 1.2 ..

Comment

Use the 1.2 - 1.21 Incremental Patch to update from 1.2.

1.2 is not the latest patch. If it doesn't work, try a full reinstall of BF2 and patch it straight to 1.21 with the Full Download.

Comment

I linked it to the 1.21 , don't know why he thinks it's the 1.2

Just as an added note, couple days ago my sons game wouldn't work following the installation of the 1.21 icremental, so we re-downloaded another one from a different site and voila, it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by |D|-Crazycanuck
            I linked it to the 1.21 , don't know why he thinks it's the 1.2
            No-one thinks it's the 1.2... :hmm:

Comment

Download the full patch to be sure.

FileCloud
              EA Games
              FilePlanet
              FileFront
              BF2S

if you are sure, click these:

Battlefield 2 v1.2 -> v1.21 Patch Mirrors:

Comment

Ok, I've been having similar problems.

I initially downloaded the incrimental patch (1.2 - 1.21) which installed successesfully, etc... but suddenly I found that all servers listed as my favourites were highlighted in red and informed me that I had an older version than the server.
                In the normal list, I could join a server, load it.. but as soon as I hit the join button, I was kicked and told that I possessed modified content.

I checked these forums, found this thread and tried downloading the full 1.21. I reinstalled the game, updating with the full patch, and am having the exact same problems... not cool. Any suggestions anyone?

The only thing I can think of is that I've used and followed the optimisation guide found here: http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44287

Perhaps those suffering the same bug have followed the same guide? Or people who have used the guide don't have the same issue?

I dunno.. help please.

(sound of penny dropping)

Ah, ok.. I think I've got it worked out now.

The optimization guide gives you a way of making BF2 a high priority program. To do this, it needs to run the exe through another file.

This file accesses the 1.2 exe, unless you've updated it to make it run your new 1.21 exe.

Run the game through the new, unmodified exe file that should be there since you installed 1.21. The game should run normally. I have yet to integrate the new exe into the optimization process, but I'd imagine it'd work.

Problem solved, case closed, I'm a genius... at least untill the next bug pops up in the next half our or so.

Comment

Working...
                X