i dont get the airplane HUD...help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i dont get the airplane HUD...help!

as u can see below, there is and extra circle top-right of the airplane HUD, i never quite understood what that is for!! same does for helos, it just comes and goes away...and it is NOT a missile lock.

Re: i dont get the airplane HUD...help!

I'm not sure how to use it... but its this thing to help you hover or something..

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
      I'm not sure how to use it... but its this thing to help you hover or something..
      dawt. if you line up the taht circle with the center of your hud, you will be in close to a perfect hover.

Comment

Originally posted by Geiger
        dawt. if you line up the taht circle with the center of your hud, you will be in close to a perfect hover.
        looks like hes way off

Comment

Originally posted by Coderedpl
          looks like hes way off
          proably because of the way the game "sees" if you are in a hover or close, the thing shows up when you are going vertical (look at his altitude, he is going almost straight up). so the game sees that your movement around the Y-axis is almost nil, so it assumes you are trying to hover

Comment

I have no idea what that pesky circle means in the HUD. That thing was in my line of sight for about 3 hours. I was so peeved that Fraps stopped working after I hit 150,000 meters or so. I ended up making it to 650,000 before the jet drifted off into out-of-bounds.

Comment

Hover indicator, doesnt take altitude into account, only horisontal drift. Starts working after youve hovered at one spot for 1 second. Very hndy tool.

Comment

Handy tool? I never cared for it tbh.

Comment

so why is it on jets if its for hover??? (i presume its on others than just f35?)

Comment

It is a hover indicator, it appearson All helos and the VTOL aircraft only.
                    If the circle drifts off to your right then you are slowly drifting left, this allows you to compensate and correct. It's handy tool yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Unfocused
                      Handy tool? I never cared for it tbh.
                      I learned to hover with precision using this tool. Still do (hover with precision).

Comment

if its for hovering, how do you use it, ive tried and i always seem to lose it.

Comment

The further from the center the circle goes, the futher you are from the point where you hover, or are supposed to be hovering. So if the circle moves ahead (up), youre mivng backwards, of the circle moves to the right, youre moving to the left.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                            The further from the center the circle goes, the futher you are from the point where you hover, or are supposed to be hovering. So if the circle moves ahead (up), youre mioving backwards, of the circle moves to the right, youre moving to the left.
                            So that's what it is...
                            I did wonder (as someone who only flies a helo to get to a distant part of the map quickly, then jump out). So basically, if you want to hover adjust the pitch/yaw in the direction of the circle?

Comment

Hmm wow... nice tool eh?

I should start using it more

Comment

Working...
                              X