Alpha squad gets locked. can't leave it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha squad gets locked. can't leave it

Several times yesterday, and before the 1.21 patch, I and other players have been put in the Alpha squad when starting the game. That's fine, but it locks the squad, and you can't unlock it. And you can't leave it. No one can join it or even see the squad. If you look at the squad lists, you'll see 2: Bravo, 3: Charlie, etc, but no 1: Alpha.

Yet another bug introduced by Dice.

Re: Alpha squad gets locked. can't leave it

I have been "locked" in the squad before...

no one could join and I could not leave...

sucked..

Comment

I'm a bit late responding to this one, but I've had this one as well, both before and after the patch. Not only can nobody join or leave the squad, there is no way to spawn on the Squad Leader either.

It happened the other night, and I tried switching teams to see if that helped. All it did was placed me in another squad where I wasn't able to leave or spawn on the SL. Only fix was to leave the server and rejoin, but when you're on a near full server, it sucks. You may not get back in the game.

Comment

This is not new, it's happened since the demo

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTyphoon
          This is not new, it's happened since the demo

Yeah I know, I said that.

Comment

My last round I just played I was locked into a squad, and I couldnt spawn on him either. maybe eagames should make a map where wer get to shoot the bugs theyve created lol

Comment

this happened to me just now - infuriating.

Comment

Yeah, it happened to me for the first time last night too. My brother was inviting me to join his squad, but I couldn't leave Alpha to join his. Found out after I finished playing that during that time I was trying and continuously clicking "leave squad", the game logged me as a lone wolf - when not only was I in a squad, I couldn't get out of it!!

I managed to leave the server and rejoin before anyone else grabbed my slot though, and then managed a 247 point round as commander... Nice.

Comment

I wonder if clicking on the opposing army tab to swap teams temporarily would allow you to leave the squad?

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtForm
                    I wonder if clicking on the opposing army tab to swap teams temporarily would allow you to leave the squad?
                    Yep.Worked for me.Lost my slot tho

Comment

I got it yesterday and it f**ked me off, i was having rounds of 50+ with a great pilot, and to get the chopper we had to go on a mission and steal it from lower dam, it was a pain in the ass not being able to spawn on this guy...

Comment

Working...
                      X