Modified content error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modified content error?

Just installed the new patch i search for servers there are about 350 or so and i am getting the modified content error please revert to your orignial bf2 to play.

Ive not modified nothing and if i have to uninstall and reinstall this damn game again because of these patches it will really be annoying anyone else get this if so how did you fix it?

Re: Modified content error?

Originally posted by Juzzo
    Just installed the new patch i search for servers there are about 350 or so and i am getting the modified content error please revert to your orignial bf2 to play.

Ive not modified nothing and if i have to uninstall and reinstall this damn game again because of these patches it will really be annoying anyone else get this if so how did you fix it?
    I've had that error a few times and the only way I was able to fix it was with a complete uninstall/reinstall...

Comment

download the full 1.21 patch and try that before uninstall

Comment

No no no. Do none of that llol. Just reinstall the 1.21 patch you have. It won't actually look like its installing anything but it will fix it.

Comment

hhmmm
          uese to get that alot
          then got it even more during patches
          read somehere that PB does not like your "Map files"
          maybe off a bit or two - odd though, only way to get back into my own clan server was to reboot the whole computer
          not just the game

when I installed both partial patches (1.2 and 1.21)
          could not get into ANY game
          the first time (1.2)
          I just went back and installed the FULL version of 1.2
          same problem this time
          went back and tried the FULL 1.21
          but 'patch failed'
          so, I did a 'simple' uninstall
          (ie no registry deletes)
          and a full install
          whole thing took less than an hour
          BF2, then SF, then just FULL 1.21

there are so many solutions posted here for so many issues
          hard to imagine why some work and others do not
          re-install has worked for me twice

and be sure to save your profiles
          and make sure you save your CD key and username pwd

Comment

Moved.

Comment

i'm also been getting this error, ever since 1.2 *sigh*, i'll be able to play on a server, it'll load up another map, bingo! im back to the menu screen with this message staring me in the face. anyone else managed to fix this?

Comment

I had that error, and tried to reinstall battlefield and special forces, everything.
                I can install the original BF2 off of my disc, but upgrading it to special forces,
                patch 1.12, 1.2 full, or 1.21 full crashes to desktop during install, right around
                6%, and always at voipserver_w32ded.dll. I've looked around the forums for help and gone through my registry etc.. but still haven't found how I can resolve this. any ideas???
                C

Comment

yes but how can we prevent this annoying thing I hate uninstalling and installing BF2 and SF and then patches, if iI have to do it again im going to kill myself

Comment

Working...
                  X