USMC/MEC Divide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USMC/MEC Divide

Hey all, Im looking for your opinions on taking MEC or USMC as a team. I have equal hours of both, and virtually only play karkand. Win/loss ratio for MEC is around 0.7, whilst for USMC it is 1.2. It seems to me that better players play USMC as an army. To get stuff like the War College Ribbon (I think) you need a high win/loss ratio. USMC baserapes much more than MEC can, and USMC armour can be at hotel much eariler than MEC. Then again, blazin is a die hard Karkand MEC, something must have worked for him. And it is always easy to take MEC as a team, next to impossible to take USMC. Maybe, with the lesser experienced players taking MEC, therefore there will be more revives for me:laugh:? Is it worth taking MEC, having a challenge, knowing your being a good guy team-balance wise, but having to cope with all the baseraping and pro players of usmc?

Re: USMC/MEC Divide

I play whatever team A. my freinds are on or B. i get put on

Comment

on a map like kark i like usmc more cause of the uncapabble base,but i think allot of people who only play medic like blazin use mec for the ak101,and i cant really blame em,its the best gun.

Comment

The balance between the teams is fine. It's the balance of the map that is making the difference, especially on the 64 player version.

Comment

Yea, USMC is more popular because of the uncap and the Tank + APC.

Comment

It really depends on the people playing at that time.
            When I play MEC I have little tricks (no cheats) that will stop the USMC armor before they can get to the first flag (MEC Flag). They must be good tricks to because Ive seen some other players picking up on my tricks. (they mainly work because they are unexpected if I tell them they will be less effective)
            When playing as USMC I can almost (80% of the time) cause the MEC army to have to spread itself thin. Which lets a concentrated push from the USMC get through to the rear flags.
            I would say that both sides probably are equal but because the USMC armor starts closer to the front line, the mecs are gonna get the worst of it after the first 10 or 12 seconds and untill the Mec's get armor support. If I were to venture a guess I would say thats why Blazin plays MEC medic on Karkand.
            Since I want to be able to do everything equally well, I usually play where Im put and I surf my server list. Karkand isnt my favorite map but it is the one Ive played the most. The reason is almost all servers have Karkand in thier rotation and some only do Karkand.
            I believe this map to require the simplist stratgy to win also, just capture the enemys Armor and Arty the **** out of the enemy army. With your armor gone or disabled and your arty blown up you dont stand a chance. Simple, remember AA (not anti-air craft). Arty, Armor, in that order. . . . . . .Red

Comment

Working...
            X