Effects: Medium
    Geometry: Medium
    Texture: Medium
    Lighting: Low
    Dynamic Shadows: Low
    Dynamic Lights: Low
    Anti-Aliasing: None
    Texture Filtering: Low

Now I can run half-life 2 with 100 fps on all high settings.
    Bf2 is such a technically bad game. The people who made this game have screwed up. I average around 45 fps with these settings and my setup. Also every so often my bf2 just crashes randomly, with no reason.

What the hell is going on. And what can I do to fix these problems?

Re: bf2 is terrible

45 fps is normal for those specs on those settings I belive.

Comment

Re: My specs are low, can you tell me what I need to fix

renamed your thread, maybe you will get some help.

Comment

Get some RAM... That would probably make a good improvement. Cheap upgrade for a good performance boost!

Comment

Originally posted by RAF92_Warhawk
          Get some RAM... That would probably make a good improvement. Cheap upgrade for a good performance boost!
          he is playing at medium low, I dont know how much that would help, but its possible. as I said though, 45 fps with those specs on those settings is normal.

Comment

yeah BF2 is an evil game in terms of FPS and performance

Comment

Originally posted by RAF92_Warhawk
              Yes, but BF2 is more of a graphically demanding game, and he already has 1 gig. I would try to see if you could uprgade your vid card, even though there might not be very many choices any more due to you having agp.(except for the 7800)

Comment

Originally posted by TehFunk
                Yes, but BF2 is more of a graphically demanding game, and he already has 1 gig. I would try to see if you could uprgade your vid card, even though there might not be very many choices any more due to you having agp.(except for the 7800)
                x800xt AGP, imho. Cheaper than the nvidia 7800, and just about as good. For kicks, look for for the AIW version (more pricey). I couldn't be happier with mine, going on 10 months now.

Seriously, the x800xt AIW (all 16 glorious pixel pipelines plus the tv/fm tuner) let me put off building a new rig for 2 years, and by that time, I'll drop the AIW into a SFF case and run TIVO beside the cable box on it.

...and then I'll buy another ATI AIW card, on sale, with a store rebate, when ATI offers a rebate. Gotta pick your deals, but they're there.

Comment

Working...
                X