Graphics Card????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics Card????

I was just wondering whether you guys could help me decide which graphics card I should buy. My budget is around £180 -£200, has to be AGP interface aswell. Any help would be gratefully recieved

Re: Graphics Card????

NVIDIA 6000 series
    Whichever model you can afford

Comment

the 6800GS CO AGP is a great card for the money, though I do not know the exact Pound > dollar conversion I know you have enough money. If you have enough for a 7800GS that is much better than the 6800GS but you wont see much BF2 performance difference as much as in other games, and it costs more. There is also the x850 xt AGP, but I would stick with the first two. if you give me a site for UK computer sales Ill find them for you, since newegg is USA only.

Comment

the best site is prob www.overclockers.co.uk

You could get the BFG 6800gs OC for £130 until today, now it is back up to £170

The 6800gs ranges from £155 - £175 depending on which type.

If you spend a bit over your budget you can get a 7800gs for £212.

It might be worth waiting a week though because some of the offers may come back on again, so the 6800gs OC may be cheap again in a weeks time.

Comment

cheers for your help guys, i might go for the 7800gs

Comment

If you don't mind Ebuyer.......
            Ebuyer stock more than 20,000 products for the home, office, or school from leading brands. Next day delivery and 0% finance options available.

Comment

According to Google, 200 pounds is currently 347 dollars. I JUST bought (yesterday) an nVidia 7800 GS for $345 plus tax. I upgraded it from a 6800 GT OC. It is an AGP card. This thing is like velvet compared to sandpaper - smooooth... I love it! I was forced to run at 800 x 600, everything on low after 1.2. Now, I can run 1024 x 768, everything on medium and I don't see any of the stuttering I saw before. What I thought was lag was actually my video having issues. I definitely recommend this card.

Comment

If you ever find a nice card for cheap, always check www.newegg.com cause its always got omgcheap prices...
                I have an eVGA 7800GTCO with closely rivals a GTX for only $310 on newegg

Comment

This is a nice AGP card here [XFX GeForce 7800 GS 256MB GDDR3 TV-Out/DVI (AGP) - Retail (PVT70-KUAF7) (GX-068-XF)]

Its pushing your budget a little at £217 but its well worth it !

Comment

Originally posted by Xanthias
                    According to Google, 200 pounds is currently 347 dollars. I JUST bought (yesterday) an nVidia 7800 GS for $345 plus tax. I upgraded it from a 6800 GT OC. It is an AGP card. This thing is like velvet compared to sandpaper - smooooth... I love it! I was forced to run at 800 x 600, everything on low after 1.2. Now, I can run 1024 x 768, everything on medium and I don't see any of the stuttering I saw before. What I thought was lag was actually my video having issues. I definitely recommend this card.
                    Hmmm...I run a 6600gt (PCI-E) and get about 60ish fps on 1024x768 all medium and 2x AA.

Yeah 7800gs, should be end of the line for AGP. If you got that, you would be good to go until you want to upgrade everything to PCI-E, sli, etc....

Comment

I just post in here, was about to start a new thread about the same thing. No need to if there is one already going

I want to upgrade my Video card and need some advice from you guys. Right now I have eVGA Geforce 6800GT 256mb PCI express card. I do not know if I should by the same card and run them in SLi or upgrade to the BFG GeForce 7800GTX (256 MB) PCI Express. If I run the card I have in SLi will it out perform the 7800? and out perform or run pretty close to all the new highend cards coming out?

Comment

I think your board has to support SLi...check that first.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanthias
                          I think your board has to support SLi...check that first.
                          Look at my sig, ,my board is posted. Its SLi ready.

Comment

Here is some good stuff

http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/12/...iii/index.html

This will give you performance increase stats going from one card to another

http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/12/...ii/page21.html

So if you went with 2 6800gt is SLI you would get a 39% increase overall. A single 7800gt would give you a 42% increase, and a single 7800gtx would give you a 55% increase.

Comment

Originally posted by [2bit]Modmaven
                              Hmmm...I run a 6600gt (PCI-E) and get about 60ish fps on 1024x768 all medium and 2x AA.

Yeah 7800gs, should be end of the line for AGP. If you got that, you would be good to go until you want to upgrade everything to PCI-E, sli, etc....
                              Ack...my apologies. I was running the 6600 GT OC... I'm not sure why I had such performance issues before. I checked many things, spyware, services, drivers, etc. but couldn't elude the performance issues.

Now, though, things are better than ever!!

Comment

Working...
                              X